SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
pre-face lift

Wiggle it around and you'll see two tabs on each side and (if I recall correctly) 4 tabs on the top and bottom. Use a butter knife or something to slide in there and release the tabs, pushing the grille into the car as you go. Once all are undone, then just angle and wiggle the grille around until you get it out of the FMIC opening.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pre-face lift

Wiggle it around and you'll see two tabs on each side and (if I recall correctly) 4 tabs on the top and bottom. Use a butter knife or something to slide in there and release the tabs, pushing the grille into the car as you go. Once all are undone, then just angle and wiggle the grille around until you get it out of the FMIC opening.
thanks for your answer, with no specific order (top, bottom, side)?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I start on the bottom, as that's the easiest to access. You may even be able to stick you fingers into the grille to release the tabs by hand. Then work your way up both sides. At that point, the top may just wiggle out.

If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll go take some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I start on the bottom, as that's the easiest to access. You may even be able to stick you fingers into the grille to release the tabs by hand. Then work your way up both sides. At that point, the top may just wiggle out.

If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll go take some pictures tomorrow.
Got it, thanks a lot for your help very appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts