SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to pop the speaker covers off the door panels in the S60? I've got a loose connection on my drivers side door I'd like to have at this weekend if possible.. also a tid bit of distortion from one in the rear.. Any info on how these grilles pop off would be much appreciated..

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Re: removing speaker covers/grilles ? (pfunctional)

Quote, originally posted by pfunctional »
Is there an easy way to pop the speaker covers off the door panels in the S60? I've got a loose connection on my drivers side door I'd like to have at this weekend if possible.. also a tid bit of distortion from one in the rear.. Any info on how these grilles pop off would be much appreciated.

Be very careful! I tried to do the same with my rear door speaker grills and ended up cracking the grill since they are riveted to the door panel. The whole panel must be removed in order to access the speakers. I had the dealer install some Dynaudio component upgrades in the front doors, and they sound great. I think it cost me around $90 for the install labor, and was well worth the peace of mind. Word to the wise...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well goddamn.. haha.. yeah i was looking at em the other day and was worried about cracking the grille.. hence this thread.. was hoping I could take care of this myself.. maybe ill try removing the door panels.. we'll see... could be fun..

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: removing speaker covers/grilles ? (pfunctional)

Taking the panels off is very easy... just make sure you take out the two torx screws behind the handle 1st

Note: the handle can be pried apart from the lower edge, snaps out.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Re: (pfunctional)

Quote, originally posted by pfunctional »
well goddamn.. haha.. yeah i was looking at em the other day and was worried about cracking the grille.. hence this thread.. was hoping I could take care of this myself.. maybe ill try removing the door panels.. we'll see... could be fun..

OK, good luck. Also, the stock speakers are riveted into the door, so you will need a Dremel or something similar to drill them out. Worth it though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.