SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:<p>I recently took my Thule bike rack off and decided I will sell that. I am going to install a hitch and get a rack for that. More stealth, the car looks 10 times better, and my gas mileage got a bit better.<p>My question is this. I was looking at the roof rails and it looked as though they were held in place by a bolt under each post. Am I correct in assuming that all I have to do is remove the bolts and the rails will come off? Also, what would I need to replace the rails? Do I need a whole new roof strip or is it just a piece to cover where the rails are attached?<p>Anyone know approximate cost and Volvo part numbers for any necessary hardware? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: removing roof rails (larryo108)

Hmmm, donno most of the answers you are looking for, but I can tell you this.... I just recently bought rack rails from a V90. They're held on by some bolts that seem to bolt in underneath the roof but above the roof liner on the inside. I'm guessing then there'd be holes in your roof you'd need to fill, but I'd have to look again at a V70 to see where the rack attaches.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: removing roof rails (larryo108)

When looking into buying a roof rack for mine I looked at the option of installing rails. The parts guy explaned that they bolted on to pre tapped holes under the rubber strip and the process was fairly straight forward (involving cutting your existing rubber trim) I would assume that removing them and replacing the rubber trim would be the solution to hiding holes. I didn't peek under to see if the holes were capped or if the rubber trim was sufficent to do the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts