SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info regarding radiator removal, 04 v70 2.5t????<br>I have the intake and electric fan removed, and all the bolts, however I can't get the radiator to seperate from the AC condensor. If I can seperate the 2, I will be able to lift the radiator up and out.<p>This radiator is 1 year 1 month old and is leaking at the right side end cap. Is it worth bringing it to a radiator shop, or getting a new one.<p><br>-Rob

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I was unable to remove mine from the top, the a/c lines and intercooler fittings tangle everything up. I had to drop it out the bottom, and that wasn't easy either.<p>I don't believe radiator shops can fix leaking plastic end caps. You're stuck with a new one. Are you sure it's not just a hose? Those crimp fittings become worthless after a while and should be replaced with regular hose clamps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (LloydDobler)

Yes, dealer replaced radiator just over a year ago, and installed regular hose clamps. All connections are dry. I can see on the passenger side where the fluid is leaking from where the plastic cap meets the radiator body.<p>You dropped yours, Does the plastic below the radiator come off, I didn't look to close today.<p>ALso, how do you jack your car? under the front engine support,? Then jack stands just behind front wheels?

·
Registered
16,942 Posts
Jack stands behind the front wheels <br>Disconnect the rad . <br>Theres two bolts on either side facing the bottom of the car of the rad <br>Loosen those then drop the rad down <br>you will then from the insdie of the engine bay have to loosen/remove 4 bolts that hold the rad , ac coil and intercooler together and then drop the rad compley out

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Chilled Man)

OK cool, I just dropped it out. The Rad and intercooler came out together for some reason, but no big deal.<p>I have the AC condenser hanging from a few wire ties.<p>Also, a plastic air cowl fell out from between the AC condenser and the front of the car. I dont see that this is fastened anywhere. Is this just held in by friction when everything is together, or am I missing something here.<p>Tomorrow Im gonna bring the old radiator to a local Rad shop to have him replace the end gaskets and pressure test. I have brought him business before and have never had a problem.<p>I fear if I buy another New rad, its just gonna break in a year...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts