SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the left blinker/driver door open issue due to a broken wire. It's the back wire right at the harness that clips to the door. Needs to remove the remnants of the wire and the pin. Any help on how to get the pin to release?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dental pick the locking tab holding the pin in. Or a very small flat tip screwdriver.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at my picture, it's the one on the bottom left should I be inserting above the clip to push it down? If so, immediately missing something because I'm using a 0.03" wire, and I can't get it in there.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If you have a circut tester, the pointy tip of it works well to push in wire tabs.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yeah, I would try something thinner though. Like an eye glass repair screw driver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That piece of metal was only 0.030". However I did try an eyeglass sxredriver, and with a LOT of pressure, got it in. I'm now fiddling trying to find that catch in there with a a straightened paper clip. If I push, the paper clip will go all the way through, is this ok, or did I [email protected]&%$ something up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have a picture of what these specific pins look like?
1)it will helpme see where the catch is.
2) I may end up needing a new one.

Thx.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
sorry for late reply yes I have pin original and also for new one you need special crimping tool not anyone for cable wire ferrules. ..can help also but its not the same method. wait a minute I will post photo of pin.

Club Volvo Italia
Raduno a Sicilia
Pasqua 2016

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Im sorry I found smaller PIN from Volvo connectors but the system of releasing is the same. Put small screwdriver and feel when you reach lets call it small wings by side. Your pin have only 1 when you put in hole by side screwdriver push it to bend it slightly...
see its like this I/ .

Hope that this will help you.
Anyway I decided to change connectors and place direct soldered wire in nice profi work isolation astringent tube heat shrinking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the spot, right?

For anyone else having this problem, the spot you point at is not the one. I have marked the plastic pins holding the connection in place here:

Since my tools didn't get a grip on the side showing in this picture, I carefully pushed the plastic pins out from the connector pin from other side. You are not supposed to use a lot of force.

I ended up with the same solution as the guy in this post. Works until I get ordered a new set of wires. There was three other wires with broken insulation in addition to the black one being disconnected. Only a short question of time until there are problems again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts