SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much to my surprise, I am not finding a thread on this. Has anyone removed the front seats from the S/V60? If so are there any precautions that need to be taken so as not to trigger the airbags or the SRS service light?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Why would you think the airbags would go off? Just undo the four 13 mm socket heads on all four ends, unhook the wiring harness and that's it. You'll be fine.

Unhook the battery for a while and SRS is disabled anyways. Standard procedure (at least for me) when I work in a car.

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you think the airbags would go off? Just undo the four 13 mm socket heads on all four ends, unhook the wiring harness and that's it. You'll be fine.
In truth, I wouldn't, however, at the price of replacing the airbag and the seat cover, I figure it is worth asking people that have done it. Not quite as concerned about the SRS light.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If you have VIDA and DiCE you can disable SRS just to be sure. Or, again, just take off the negative cable and have a beer. This is what I did when I had to remove the steering wheel airbag prior to getting a DiCE unit.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Just disconnect the battery to be 100% sure. Though I've removed many seats with the battery connected and never had an issue. Don't turn the key on with them disconnected though or you'll set the SRS light.

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts