SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally traced a rattle that's been driving me nuts to something in my rear tailgate panel or in the gate itself. I had done the IPD repair kit a few years ago. I've been trying to pry off the trim piece by the handle & that bitch IS TIGHT! Any tips on getting it loose without cracking it? I know you have to pry from the top first, but it's not budging. :confused: Thanks if anyone has a tip.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, that piece is a serious PITA. The real nylon pry tool that lots of Volvo places sell helps a lot. I tried with other pry tools and gave up a couple of times before getting it using two at a time, including a plastic putty scraper. There are three clips on the top edge and on the bottom edge that you have to release. The picture below shows you what you are looking for. The good news is that if you do break it, the replacement trim piece is less than $15.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, time for a new one! Those 3 top tabs broke off. That piece is a bitch! I'm normally pretty good with interior parts, that one is tough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts