SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boost pressure sensor is loose and I'd like to remove it, inspect it, and reinstall so that it fits snugly. But...I can't figure out how to remove it. The screw holding it in place is corroded to the point that I can't tell whether it is a torx head or hex head. The curvature of the metal surrounding the headlight also makes it seemingly impossible to fit any torx/hex bits onto the screw.

Anyone have any pointers? Maybe someone can at least tell me what size of hex/torx I should be using. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
It SHOULD be a torx. It's like either a T-25 or one larger (T-27) or smaller. You just need to have a small 1/4" torx socket, swivel joint, and small extension.

Get some PB Blaster.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What do we clean these with ?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Try using a small wire brush.. Or if you have a dremel with wiggly extension, use a mini wire wheel.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It SHOULD be a torx. It's like either a T-25 or one larger (T-27) or smaller. You just need to have a small 1/4" torx socket, swivel joint, and small extension.

Get some PB Blaster.
Either torx or phillips head. Mine is a phillips

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Success! On my car (2005), it was a T-15 torx screw. Thanks for the advice on the swivel joint - that did the trick. Cleaned the sensor with MAF cleaner as recommended and reinstalled so it is snug.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Success! On my car (2005), it was a T-15 torx screw. Thanks for the advice on the swivel joint - that did the trick. Cleaned the sensor with MAF cleaner as recommended and reinstalled so it is snug.
Really? T-15? That's pretty small. It looked like a T25 on mine. Maybe mine is different lol You're welcome, btw. Glad you got it out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes that's what I was talking about. Why do we need to clean these and how often ?

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Why do we need to clean these and how often ?
They get covered in oil from being in the intake system. Though cleaning them may give you more life, most often if its dying it will need to be replaced (eventually).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts