SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys

I'd like to pull off the front bumper on my 01' T5. Where do I start and what tools will I need? Also,
How do I remove the outer panel on the trunk? I want to put something to make it so it doesn't vibrate when I'm listening to music. I just installed a 12" sub-woofer and oh my god does it vibrate the trunk panel! Will I need a special tool? Any advice and/or photos are greatly appreciated. :beer: cheers

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
For the front bumper cover:
1. Loosen the Torx screw behind the edge at the front of each wheel well.
2. gently pry off the trim pieces on each side below the headlights using a plastic wedge (I usually start prying from the small edge near the license plate)
3. remove the two bolts that you can see now that the two trim pieces are gone.
4. open the hood and remove the six plastic rivets from the top of the bumper.
5. release the sides (pry outward a couple inches on each side) and it will tilt forward and off the vehicle. (careful if you have fog lights, unplug the wires first)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SS60. Would it be hard to remove the headlights at that point?

For the front bumper cover:
1. Loosen the Torx screw behind the edge at the front of each wheel well.
2. gently pry off the trim pieces on each side below the headlights using a plastic wedge.
3. remove the two bolts that you can see now that the two trim pieces are gone.
4. open the hood and remove the six plastic rivets from the top of the bumper.
5. release the sides (pry outward a couple inches on each side) and it will tilt forward and off the vehicle. (careful if you have fog lights, unplug the wires first)

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Thanks SS60. Would it be hard to remove the headlights at that point?
not too bad - the headlights are held on by 4 bolts each. two on the top, one beside the grille, and one on the side past the orange turn signal. That last one is hard to get to because the traingular bumper retainer covers it. Fortunately, you can remove the torx screws that hold on the bumper retainer (two at the top and one at bottom IIRC). Once the retainer is off, the side bolt on the headlight is much easier to get to.

**Don't try to pull on the headlight before the side bolt is out or you'll likely break off the tab. This is why all the used ones from autowreakers on ebay always have "broken tabs"

If your not in a hurry, I'm going to take mine off in a couple weeks to replace my headlight lenses, I'll send you pictures if you want.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not too bad - the headlights are held on by 4 bolts each. two on the top, one beside the grille, and one on the side past the orange turn signal. That last one is hard to get to because the traingular bumper retainer covers it. Fortunately, you can remove the torx screws that hold on the bumper retainer (two at the top and one at bottom IIRC). Once the retainer is off, the side bolt on the headlight is much easier to get to.

**Don't try to pull on the headlight before the side bolt is out or you'll likely break off the tab. This is why all the used ones from autowreakers on ebay always have "broken tabs"

If your not in a hurry, I'm going to take mine off in a couple weeks to replace my headlight lenses, I'll send you pictures if you want.
This would be superb - and pics of the lenses being changed too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts