SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just got this 2007 S60 and I absolutely love it. It doesn't have an aux cable input, so I have purchased an add on unit for that. The instructions they provided removing the head unit are for a manual version of the car, and I have an automatic. I managed to find this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0EcSeEn2fk) on removing the shifter, but they are shown just pulling it up and free with the version they have.

My shifter looks like this

It looks like the leather is part of the whole assembly and I'm worried I'm going to damage it if I try to do it the way they show in the video. Does anyone know how to do this properly?

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can remove the radio without removing the shifter. Park the car on flat ground and engage the parking brake, then with the car off pull the shifter into the drive position. It will be a little tight, but you will be able to remove the radio like that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You can remove the radio without removing the shifter. Park the car on flat ground and engage the parking brake, then with the car off pull the shifter into the drive position. It will be a little tight, but you will be able to remove the radio like that.
Thanks for the quick response. I had originally tried that, but couldn't figure out how to get it out even with the shifter back.

I went back with your advice and gave it another shot, thanks to that I was able to get it out and work on it.

For anyone else searching for the same issue, the best strategy is to turn key to accessory, shift to drive and then disconnect the battery. Pop the shifter trim up and rotate it 90 degrees, remove the screws. Then you have to pull, twist to the left, and rotate the shifter trim back in to it's original position. Then there is just enough space to force it past the shifter (it touches but there's just enough clearance) and finally remove the 12V cable so you can pull it far enough out to work on it. Getting it back in is even harder, but it's possible.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
And whatever you do, don't unplug the hvac control with the key in any on position, great way to disable the airbags

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And whatever you do, don't unplug the hvac control with the key in any on position, great way to disable the airbags
Oh man, that seems like a pretty severe gotcha. What do you have to do in that case, go back to dealer for a reset?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Oh man, that seems like a pretty severe gotcha. What do you have to do in that case, go back to dealer for a reset?
Lol, yeah, either back to the dealer of buy the software/hardware yourself. My first car, I paid the dealer to turn it back off (gave me a deal, only half hour of labor...)

Now I own vadis/dice and can play in the software myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts