1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light

Hi all, just bought a pair if these headlight lenses to replace my crazed ones on my 2010 Xc90, has anyone tackled this job before, heard some say you put the whole light assembly in oven to soften old glue to get old lense off.. Any feedback would be really appreciated

·
Registered
2008 XC90 3.2
1,986 Posts
If you search about installing aftermarket HIDs into halogen housings, I wrote how it is super difficult to remove the lens from the original aged headlight housings. The rubber seal does not get soft and it’s very difficult to cut it out. It would take a Dremel to get the lens seal out, if not more. Think about if the lenses were epoxied on the plastic housing and you had to find a way to remove them. That’s how difficult it will be.

I simply took new aftermarket housing assemblies and was able to “bake” them to soften the seal and it worked for removing the lens. I then installed aftermarket HIDs that I still run today nearly 5 years later.

edit: changed autocorrect deemed to dremel

·
Registered
V70 02/2007 auxiliary heater with all start/stop options Billstein B12 kit Xc90 brakes abl retrofit
255 Posts
i remove the old lenses by cutting them on the edge with an angle-grinder with a very thin cutting disc
Remove the remaining parts by hand..
Never put them in the oven, to avoid the risk of damaging (melting/disform) the housing.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Car

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2008 XC90 3.2
1,986 Posts
Is that a V70 headlight?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts