SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be changing out my red LED for a blue LED, and wondered if anyone has already pulled the LED mount out yet? I notice this strange white blob on it, almost looks like a light sensor or something. <P>Anyone know more about the housing for the LED? Thanks!<P>John

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi again John -<P>I just put this in your other post, but thought it better belonged here:<P>You'll need to find out if the stock LED is self-flashing. You wouldn't want to put a self-flasher in there if there are on-board electronics that cause the flash instead.<P>Then, when you find the prefect blue replacement, let us know what it is...<P>- Darell

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello again!<P>I am almost postive the LED is not self flashing... I personally have never seen a self flashing LED. The one cosmetic difference I can not make up for is the current red LED is a unique shape. I don't mind, I think a standard LED will look just fine. <P>As far as blue LEDs. Panasonic makes a super bright blue one (clear lens), and you can purchase small amounts from Digi-Key <A HREF="http://www.digi-key.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.digi-key.com</A> <P>In my 82 Volvo I had two blue LEDs for my alarm, and those were from Cree (they only sell by the thousands...)<P>It will be a few weeks until I can get to this project, but I will let you know how it goes!<P>Talk to you soon!<P>John<BR>

·
Registered
528 Posts
John -<P>Well, you sound like you know what you're doing, certainly. But I have quite a supply of self-flashing LEDs here. They're all for 12V, and I think were made expressly for alarm insatllations (or fake alarm installations to be more exact). All you do is supply 12V, and you have an instant alarm flasher. Simple as that.<P>All I can really say about them, is that they do truly exist (and work perfectly).<P>- Darell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts