SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all:

I need to remove the interior A-pillar trim on my '07 T5 to perform a small mod/repair. Can anyone provide instructions or link to existing instructions? I would like to avoid damaging any clips or losing any springs that I have heard might be involved. The more detail, the better.

Thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Here is a video of removing the a pillar on an s40 I couldn't find anything on the S60 but it should be the same.

Edit also found a description of how to do it an S80 and it sounds the same as on the S60. From the sounds of it be careful not to break any clips if you plan on reusing the same pillar.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
It hooks into the dash. There's a strange clip on the top, like a zip tie, so it comes loose then hangs. I was able to save it by pulling it loose and then twisting it apart, but it's been 3 years, sorry I can't remember more detail. I do rememer, to remove the trim you pry it loose at the top, work that weird clip, there's one regular snap clip in the center and then lift it up out of the dash. If I had pics I'd post them.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
So easy to do! Just did it today. Small retainer at top which helps it from flying around in an air bag deploy. Carefully pull toward hand brake about 2-3 inches to break the top clip loose and then the retainer is zip tie like and a 90 degree twist to separate the retainer. Then pull same direction a little more and then backward toward driver seat. Same in reverse for install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It hooks into the dash. There's a strange clip on the top, like a zip tie, so it comes loose then hangs. I was able to save it by pulling it loose and then twisting it apart, but it's been 3 years, sorry I can't remember more detail. I do rememer, to remove the trim you pry it loose at the top, work that weird clip, there's one regular snap clip in the center and then lift it up out of the dash. If I had pics I'd post them.
If you insert a large, flat blade screwdriver into the center slot of the clip it can easily be turned 90 degrees and be popped out without breaking.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Ironically I just pulled a couple plastic ones from the junkyard in anticipation of the fabric coming off of my R pillars, so I remember it all again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts