SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible/feasible to remove the Sport Kit from an R (S60 or V70) that came with it installed from the Factory?

The Sport Kit is not really my style, I'm wondering if a vehicle can be returned to more of a "stock appearance" without leaving visible holes or having missing parts.

(E.g., do you have to remove a part and replace it with another part--- or can you just remove the kit?)

Please, I don't want to start a debate about whether the vehicle "looks better" when equipped with the sport kit option package.

Just asking whether the vehicle looks correct if the sport kit is deleted after the fact.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't know about that, but in the interests of saving the environment and keeping you from littering, you should just send all those parts to me... :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Is it possible/feasible to remove the Sport Kit from an R (S60 or V70) that came with it installed from the Factory?

The Sport Kit is not really my style, I'm wondering if a vehicle can be returned to more of a "stock appearance" without leaving visible holes or having missing parts.

(E.g., do you have to remove a part and replace it with another part--- or can you just remove the kit?)

Please, I don't want to start a debate about whether the vehicle "looks better" when equipped with the sport kit option package.

Just asking whether the vehicle looks correct if the sport kit is deleted after the fact.
i mean i do not have a sports kit on my car and i think its looks good. but if i had the opportunity to get one i would. could i buy yours if you end up selling?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
you have to get new side skirts & rear bumper as well. front winglets come off so no parts necessary there.. just a littel work getting any glue off if they were glued on.

what year R, what color, others would be very interested in your existing kit, probably trade straight up and pay shipping. maybe even cash on their side as well.

·
Registered
725 Posts
not sure either.. but if its for s60 id be interested to buy it from you.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing, I'm not a huge fan of the sport kit. Anyone wanna buy it off me lol? Not in the best shape since the previous owner must have tried to install it himself and messed up in a few areas (passenger winglet mounting bracket broken off, glue holding the rear panel in place is starting to loosen, some form of residue/epoxy near the exhaust cut out section, and the paint on the side skirts has some spiderweb-like cracks in a few areas) and he obviously hacked up the stock 04 rear lower bumper since it's all cut up (but isn't visible obviously since on 04's the sport kit rear goes over this section) so if you were to buy/trade we'd need to swap this rear black panel too lol.

I think the sport kit adds some good looks to the car, especially the rear, but the front and sides are just too low for me. Glad to know that I'm not the only person considering getting rid of it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Stefan, Id be happy to buy the skirts from you..i think thats the only thing that would fit my car.lol.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Are talking only side skirts? The full body kit is the winglets, side skirts and bumper..

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'd rather let it all go in one piece, but if I get no takers I'll send them your way.
cool. not sure if your silver is same as mine but would be nice not to worry about repainting. anyways, let me know if no one takes it.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
cool. not sure if your silver is same as mine but would be nice not to worry about repainting. anyways, let me know if no one takes it.
I would suggest a trade for the regular skirts to the sport skirts, Stefan1235 still needs those to convert to. Providing that the paint color matches.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I would suggest a trade for the regular skirts to the sport skirts, Stefan1235 still needs those to convert to. Providing that the paint color matches.
i have no problem doing that.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Idea hatched at 8:30 and in an hour could of sold it 5 times over. :)

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Oh btw on that note regarding skirts, I'm looking for Elevate/Evolve Side skirts, anyone have leads? Will do a trade for OEM volvo for Elevate.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing, I'm not a huge fan of the sport kit. Anyone wanna buy it off me lol? Not in the best shape since the previous owner must have tried to install it himself and messed up in a few areas (passenger winglet mounting bracket broken off, glue holding the rear panel in place is starting to loosen, some form of residue/epoxy near the exhaust cut out section, and the paint on the side skirts has some spiderweb-like cracks in a few areas) and he obviously hacked up the stock 04 rear lower bumper since it's all cut up (but isn't visible obviously since on 04's the sport kit rear goes over this section) so if you were to buy/trade we'd need to swap this rear black panel too lol.

I think the sport kit adds some good looks to the car, especially the rear, but the front and sides are just too low for me. Glad to know that I'm not the only person considering getting rid of it.
Pm sent

·
Registered
337 Posts
If only it were black sapphire lol

·
Registered
725 Posts
Oh btw on that note regarding skirts, I'm looking for Elevate/Evolve Side skirts, anyone have leads? Will do a trade for OEM volvo for Elevate.
how about a group buy from them? or u can just sell me yours!hehehe

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
how about a group buy from them? or u can just sell me yours!hehehe
Nope. Elevate is not a vendor on these forums, so no group buy threads allowed. Sure, as long as I find those Elevate skirts.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts