SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the detailer is cleaning up my wife's 5 month old ebony black 2015.5 XC60, he asks, "has anyone been painting near where your wife works?"
Sure enough, it looks like she parked near where someone was spray painting machine parts. It's visible if you look close as tiny droplets on the finish. You can really feel them when you run your hand lightly over the paint. Has anyone had experience with a similar situation. What's the best way to get the finish back to basic?

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Personally, I'd go with something like the old Scratch-X (version 1.0). They changed it about 4 years ago and I bought every pre-change tube I could find.

Meguiar's makes a scratch fix but I've not looked into the quality of it.

I have taken my classic 80s model bass with some finish blemishes and restored it to new with Scratch-X (v.1.0) and then Zymol to wax it back up.

·
3,960 Posts
Step 1. Wash and then clay bar it with medium or hard clay. If that doesn't work report back. I have dealt with this plenty of times but if it's "on there" it will need to be abraded off via polisher and must be done by a pro. I've seen people destroy their paint trying to remove stuff like this.

·
Registered
390 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts