SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I am a new user of the Volvo C30: a second-hand D2 Black Design (which should be an aesthetic modification dedicated to the Italian market).

I would like to remove the BOOT SPARE WHEEL TRIM but I am having difficulty: after unscrewing the central block and 4 screws in the corners, this piece of plastic remains blocked.

Do you have any suggestions?

Item to be removed:

Insufficient information that I have found in the service manual:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you find out? Tyre foam exploded in there due to the cold and I'm unable to clean it to my satisfactiom without pulling it all out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't quite understand what you've typed. That is not a photo of my car's trunk bed. My problem/enquiry is the same as the one of the creator of this thread; How to get the plastic in which the spare tyre and tools are out. That's why I've commented on this thread

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I don't quite understand what you've typed. That is not a photo of my car's trunk bed. My problem/enquiry is the same as the one of the creator of this thread; How to get the plastic in which the spare tyre and tools are out. That's why I've commented on this thread
My pic & the original post show the plastic trunk bed fitted to a C30. What model do you have? What market are you in? Perhaps it varies by market. Take a pic & show us.

Same directions should apply, as even if the form is different, the mount points won't change. Remove the L&R cargo trim side panels, remove the plastic clips in the bed base & remove the tray.

·
Registered
3 Posts

My pic & the original post show the plastic trunk bed fitted to a C30. What model do you have? What market are you in? Perhaps it varies by market. Take a pic & show us.

Same directions should apply, as even if the form is different, the mount points won't change. Remove the L&R cargo trim side panels, remove the plastic clips in the bed base & remove the tray.
I have a basic C30, a 2008 model, 1.6D, from Germany.
Do you know how I can remove the "L&R cargo trim side panels"? That's exactly what's holding that plastic in which the tools and the spare wheel are meant to sit in place and keeping me from removing it. I did remove the plastic clips but hey but that's all I've managed by myself. 😅

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

I have a basic C30, a 2008 model, 1.6D, from Germany.
Do you know how I can remove the "L&R cargo trim side panels"? That's exactly what's holding that plastic in which the tools and the spare wheel are meant to sit in place and keeping me from removing it. I did remove the plastic clips but hey but that's all I've managed by myself. 😅
The first post has the Volvo diagrams - copied here:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yes. I need that spare to clear my CIEKA F&R BBK's. Stock offset wheels don't fit my C30.
Figured you have big calipers since there is a P2R Spare in there. Does the load floor fit? Or did you have to do something to make it work.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Raised the hinges

Did you make these yourself? I have been struggling with trying to use a P2R space or using a wheel spacer on a spare. l have not done any trial fits as of yet. Your setup looks great. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Did you make these yourself? I have been struggling with trying to use a P2R space or using a wheel spacer on a spare. l have not done any trial fits as of yet. Your setup looks great. Thanks for the pictures.
I did. They are set into the tray. I don't recall exactly how I resolved it now, I didn't take detailed pics of that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone, I am a new user of the Volvo C30: a second-hand D2 Black Design (which should be an aesthetic modification dedicated to the Italian market).

I would like to remove the BOOT SPARE WHEEL TRIM but I am having difficulty: after unscrewing the central block and 4 screws in the corners, this piece of plastic remains blocked.

Do you have any suggestions?

Item to be removed:

Insufficient information that I have found in the service manual:
Did you ever figure this out? I want to clean under mine. Cant get the folding carpet that lays over it either.. Can't get the cupholder out either haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts