SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the inst cluster with a 'new' one , but the gas gauge doesn't work. Am I missing anything/adjustment or a fuse? Thanks in advance. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by jflowers1974 at 5:08 PM 6-24-2006</i>

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Removal of inst Cluster (jflowers1974)

<A HREF="http://www.brickboard.com/FAQ/700-900/InteriorTrimandPanels.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://www.brickboard.com/FAQ/...s.htm</A><p>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I put in a new (repaired) instrument cluster, now the gas gauge does not work. Orginially the odometer and trip were the only two items not functioning properly.<p>Right now the gas reads zero and the light's on. Could it possibly be that I inserted one of the connectors backwards? I don't know and marked everything prior to removal. But I'm stumped. Unless this is now broken. <p>I'd like to go with the backwards connector theory first though. If this is, then which connector ought I reverse? I'm thinking the long one directly behind where the gas is. But reverseing this - would this cause problems/shorting? <br>Thanks,

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

Put the old one back in. If the gas gauge works then the "new" cluster is bad.<p>George Dill

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

I agree with Dill. But 960 gas gauges are prone to be NEVER right or working many times at all. SOOOOOO you might have a bad cluster gas gauge from the junk car you got it out of. Which is par for the course really on a 960. Mine works but is never right. Thou lately it has been keeping sorta good track of gas in tank after a fill. But till now it might read half full after a full fill and stay there for a week or a day. Then go to Full or 1/4 or anywhere inbetween and then slowly go down or up and then down till the light comes on. I Thou find that the low fuel light is very correct. So i drive about 350 miles and then watch for the light on and off for the next 50 till it comes on. Then I fill up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts