SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of way to add remote control for the windows? It's a pain to park the car, start to walk away and discover that the back windows are still open.

My last BMW didn't have remote control for the windows but it had a nice feature that was disabled for the US market but easily re-enabled. With the key off and the driver's door open, the windows would still work. That way, if you forgot to close the windows, you didn't have to turn the key on to close the windows. Hmmmm . . . is there a function like this for Volvos?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I know they will operate if you turn off the car BEFORE opening a door, sunroof control as well. I'll have to dig around in VIDA, but I think you can only do what you're inquiring about with the CANBUS extender that Viva sells. Like it'll put the windows all up when you look the car, and can resume their previous position when you unlock and things like that.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
As above, mine windows still work maybe up to 1 minutes after removing the keys - however the sunroof doesn't. Indeed useful to just close all windows without reinserting the key - I don't remember if the doors must stay close, I'll give it a try next time.
I don't know if Volvo has that all windows up or down with just keeping the key turned into the door lock - I think VW cars were like that. As for a real remote operating - such as from a phone, I'm thinking maybe Tesla could have such feature - it already has some functions, see down in the page https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/tesla-app

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That Viva CANBUS extender looks interesting but I don't want to spend that much to add nifty features to a 17 year old car.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
That Viva CANBUS extender looks interesting but I don't want to spend that much to add nifty features to a 17 year old car.
I totally hear you on that. I think myself could use at least half that stuff. The power mirrors would definitely be nice...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It surprises me that it lists locking the doors after the car starts moving. My car doesn't but I figured that could be changed with Vida. The same goes for DRL. I'd actually like to disable my DRL. I'd like to be able to turn my headlights off and have no lights with the engine running.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
It surprises me that it lists locking the doors after the car starts moving. My car doesn't but I figured that could be changed with Vida. The same goes for DRL. I'd actually like to disable my DRL. I'd like to be able to turn my headlights off and have no lights with the engine running.
That was honestly part of why I got VIDA and the very first thing that I did work mine was disable the DRLs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I really like that you can lower all the windows with the key fob on my wife’s Acura. Press the unlock button once and on the second time you hold it down and let go depending how far you want the windows down. You could also raise them shut by putting the key in the door and turning it right twice. Wish our cars had these features

1 - 8 of 8 Posts