SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have two 2001 XCs with some slight differences. I had a remote starter by a reputable installer, in the brown one. Later, I took it to them to remove it and put in the Maroon XC. However, if the later is packed outside and it's cold, most times I have problem starting it through the remote fob. The lights stay on which I turn off with the fob. I would try it about two or three times. However, if I go and start it with the key, it would start.

The remote starter device is a Compustar make. Next Monday, I plan on removing it by the installer and install a new Viper make.

My question is, would this issue be a car issue, a remote compatibility, or installation issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
IDK. I have a remote start with mine as well. It uses the factory remote. It either works or it doesn't. Procedure is to unlock the car, then hit the lock button 3x. Sometimes it starts. Sometimes the alarm just goes off and it doesn't start. It gives a message on the dash as well. I don't remember it right now.

Honestly, I haven't even tried to use it in a long time. It was nice in the winter when it did work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have a side question on the same issue. I don't know exactly how to ask this question, but I'll do my best.
What are the differences between starting the car with the remote starter (fob) or with the key (ignition), with respect to getting fuel?
I believe both uses different processes.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts