SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 3.5 months of owning my R, I realized I have some sort of remote start installed. Was remote start ever a factory option? My car is an 04. Holding the unlock button down on what I assume is the factory remote for a few seconds starts the car. I thought all aftermarket remotes involved some sort of other remote, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Pic of the remote?

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I want. If you can find out any info I'm sure alot of us would love to know.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
No remote start option I have ever seen from Volvo. You can do remote start with a factory key on some aftermarket units.
Volvo now offers remote start on some P3 Chassis models and newer models that have the newest SENSUS Connect can even use their smartphones to remote start the vehicle. But I do not recall Volvo ever having a remote start for the P2 chassis models.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe all aftermarket remote start devices shut off if you don't put the key in the ignition with in a certain time. The recent issue I believe it with keyless systems that don't shut off if you leave your vehicle and forget to hit the stop button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Most keyless systems should shut off once you go out of range of the proximity sensor. Such functionality will certainly make situations awkward for future carjackers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouldn't like that. I have a Toyota Highlander that I go out and start on cold mornings, if it shut off when I walked back in the house I'd be pissed. I'd have to leave a key fob in the car defeating the purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yes most aftermarket remote starts are programmed to turn off after a certain time, 12 minutes is the factory programmed setting for a lot of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts