SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that Remote Start is done via the Volvo On Call app. How smart is this system? Does it start the car with the same settings you were using when you turned it off, like climate control, seat heating, audio? Can you and your spouse each have an account with On Call so it uses the correct seat memory settings for each person? I've seen remote start in other brands where the car shuts off when a door is opened requiring the driver to restart the car. Does Volvo do this too?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It generally starts with your last settings (ac/heat, steering heat). Just as it would start when you get into the car. No it doesn't reset the seats. That is tied to the key fob. But in theory should work if you remote start it via VOC and then you are first to unlock the car. If you wife was first (with her fob) it would move the seat for her. You do have to restart the car when you get in (foot on brake/twist knob). But the engine does not stop then fire up again. Love this feature, just wish I could roll up windows from afar!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'll add that you can schedule remote start(s) through preconditioning. Sometimes the state I leave the climate in in the morning isn't exactly what I'd want in the afternoon, so it helps for cooler mornings going into warmer afternoons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 S60 T6 and have done extensive research and testing. Remote start viso Volvo On Call will start your car at 72F front and rear defrost along with Seat and Steering warmer turned on(not sure the strength). It does not start your car with the last setting you had on. I have tested this many times. Also preconditioning is a bit misleading and frustrating but you can find plenty of posts about it. Basically it is used with the temperatures aare warmer. it will introduce ambiant air flow into your car to cool it down but it will not turn on air conditioning or heat to make your car perfect first thing in the morning. I havent had a chance to use it but I think it would be best in late afternoon on a hit day. Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts