SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received the postcard from Volvo for the remote start addition to my 2012 XC60-R. $399 after a $100 rebate. Ouch! Perhaps I could justify it as my Christmas gift this year...

Is it true that the 2013 model has the sport mode activated? Is it possible to have "sport" activated by the dealer to my 2012? After all, the brochure says it is a feature. I use the sport mode on my X5 all the time and miss it when driving the Swedish Rocket.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Today I received the postcard from Volvo for the remote start addition to my 2012 XC60-R. $399 after a $100 rebate. Ouch! Perhaps I could justify it as my Christmas gift this year...
I think that our offer is very, very good. No? :cool:
Is it true that the 2013 model has the sport mode activated? Is it possible to have "sport" activated by the dealer to my 2012? After all, the brochure says it is a feature. I use the sport mode on my X5 all the time and miss it when driving the Swedish Rocket.

Yes, all MY13 T6s get Sport mode, it cannot be added to the MY12s.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that I had read in a prior thread that the sport mode could be "enabled" by the service technician when upgrading the Sensus software. I recall that someone had said that the sport mode was "disabled" for the US market foe some reason. Probably because there are lots of tree idle drivers out there. Feedback???

·
Registered
222 Posts

Yes, all MY13 T6s get Sport mode, it cannot be added to the MY12s.
Yeah, even though it was in the MY12 XC60 brochure AND the Owner's Manual. We MY12 T6 owners end up with a transmission that bogs and shifts poorly. You nearly have to floor the thing to get it to move. And why? Because some freakin' product planner wanted to "separate" the S60 and XC60. Forget drivability and improving the overall experience. And forget the hints you dropped here several times that it would be an available retrofit for MY12.

Finally, someone in Gotherburg realized that it ruins the raison d'etre for the T6 in the XC60 and made no difference in the marketplace. So, they've decided to change the software in the Asin transmission (because, after all, that's all this is) back to what it was. What a nasty way to play with customers, Volvo.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Disappointing indeed that we won't get the sport mode as a retrofit. I believe our UK brethren got it as such. Alternatively, it would be nice if Polestar offered it as a tune item (esp if you already had the Polestar tune). I have to admit, I've gotten spoiled by the aftermarket's support of my BMWs. Heck, new tunes were coming out for my old M5 8 years after the last one rolled off the assembly line!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, even though it was in the MY12 XC60 brochure AND the Owner's Manual. We MY12 T6 owners end up with a transmission that bogs and shifts poorly.
THIS.

We bought the XC60 thinking it had the "Sport" mode for the A/T. While it drives OK, a better transmission might transform it. It makes it more annoying that it's probably just a software change. They should offer it (at least include it with the Polestar upgrade).

·
Registered
365 Posts
100% agreed. Hope Volvo decides to make it happen........

·
Registered
695 Posts
The '12 XC60 R-Design has an awesome transmission. As discussed by many elsewhere, the 325 HP T6 / 6 speed geartronic transmission combo is excellent. I guess you can always aspire to be better, no matter what you have someone always has more than you, and you can always ask for more I guess...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts