·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Disappointed

·
Registered
130 Posts
"Engine Remote Start is now available for the Volvo S60! Remote start allows you to get your Volvo started from the comfort of your own home, office, or anywhere else. It's perfect for staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer. http://youtu.be/aWByWt5-SXI"

While video is showing XC60, per Volvo, remote start is only available for 2013 S60 at this point.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Engine Remote Start is now available for the Volvo S60! Remote start allows you to get your Volvo started from the comfort of your own home, office, or anywhere else. It's perfect for staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer. http://youtu.be/aWByWt5-SXI"

While video is showing XC60, per Volvo, remote start is only available for 2013 S60 at this point.
Guess my local site is not aware; http://www.steingold.com/Genuine-Volvo-Engine-Remote-Starter-Now-Available.aspx

Just got this email back from VCNA... At this time this accessory will be made available for the 2012-2013 models. (Platform 3 vehicles)

There are talks to possibly making a retro-fit to earlier models but no time frame is being provided to if or when this will happen.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just sent an Email to the service writer at my dealership to find out if he has the info/procedure for it yet so that I may consider getting it. I've REALLY missed this feature (and/or its "companion/complement", auto-rolldown of the windows) living in 90+ degree So. Miss.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Volvo says that remote start for XC60 will be avalable toward the end of the year.

I've REALLY missed this feature (and/or its "companion/complement", auto-rolldown of the windows) living in 90+ degree So. Miss.
Is this feature not available on XC60? Every car I owned since early 2000's would always roll down all windows if you press "unlock" button on the remote for a 2nd time and hold it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Volvo says that remote start for XC60 will be avalable toward the end of the year.
Yep...here's the reply I just got back from my delaer service writer: "Right now it is only availible on the 2013 S-60.They plan to roll out for other vehicles in the near future.When i recieve any time line or date i'll email you."

drat19 said:
I've REALLY missed this feature (and/or its "companion/complement", auto-rolldown of the windows) living in 90+ degree So. Miss.
esf1224 said:
Is this feature not available on XC60? Every car I owned since early 2000's would always roll down all windows if you press "unlock" button on the remote for a 2nd time and hold it.
Apparently not...we've discussed it elsewhere on this forum, and I've tried it as well with No Joy. Anyone else here beg to differ?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I love how they keep depicting an XC60 in the promos, and yet it's not yet available on that model.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Yep...here's the reply I just got back from my delaer service writer: "Right now it is only availible on the 2013 S-60.They plan to roll out for other vehicles in the near future.When i recieve any time line or date i'll email you."

Apparently not...we've discussed it elsewhere on this forum, and I've tried it as well with No Joy. Anyone else here beg to differ?
By the end of the year, it will be available for XC60/XC70/S80 as well.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the end of the year, it will be available for XC60/XC70/S80 as well.
Yeah but no backward compatibility for previous MY's ie...2010 2011, 2011.5 why blow off Platform 2?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts