SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time we remote start our XC and get in to back out of garage, it won't let you go to reverse until you shut off and restart. Anyone else experience this?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Gc is right, you have to get in and press on the brake and turn the knob as if you were starting it even though it is already started.

·
Registered
496 Posts
There's no remote start available on the T8. On the other hand, where do you need it for anyway, I don't have a clue?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
There's no remote start available on the T8. On the other hand, where do you need it for anyway, I don't have a clue?
Mainly for warming up the engine to reduce wear, and to condition the climate inside the car like to heat it up if its cold outside. The T8 does have a preconditioning heater I believe.

·
Registered
218 Posts
where do you need it for anyway, I don't have a clue?
It's currently 5 degrees outside where I live . I want to warm up the car for 5 minutes before I get in... Similarly on a really hot day you can start the car remotely to cool it down.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Wow, this is awesome news to read. So if I am reading this right, the remote start on the XC90 no longer shuts off the engine when one opens the drivers door? The engine stays on and one just needs to 'officially' acknowledge using the start button to wake the rest of the car up, and the engine stays on the whole time?

If so, that is great to hear!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wow, this is awesome news to read. So if I am reading this right, the remote start on the XC90 no longer shuts off the engine when one opens the drivers door? The engine stays on and one just needs to 'officially' acknowledge using the start button to wake the rest of the car up, and the engine stays on the whole time?

If so, that is great to hear!
Yes, this is correct. The app also allows you to easily configure how long you want to warm up or cool down - could be 1 minute or 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yes, this is correct.
That really is awesome.

Nobody liked, and were actually annoyed at how prior Volvos the engine would turn off when the door was opened. I take that nobody comment back. There were the usual ones making excuses (safety,legal,etc) for why it was ok, and it needed to be that way, and how it didn't bother them.

·
Registered
496 Posts
@Gc52 @8-track
Thanks for the update! No I understand why the T8 doesn’t have this feature. The Hybrid is always equipped with preconditioning and preheating.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
@Gc52 @8-track
Thanks for the update! No I understand why the T8 doesn’t have this feature. The Hybrid is always equipped with preconditioning and preheating.
There may be a difference for the T8 in the US market when the car is not plugged in. I need to investigate it unless someone else posts first.

On page 180, the US owner's manual says "Starting and stopping preconditioning. Preconditioning heats/cools the passenger compartment prior to driving. Please note that the charging cable must be connected. ...

Starting from a cell phone. Starting preconditioning and checking the current settings can be done from a cell phone with the Volvo On Call mobile app. Preconditioning heats the passenger compartment to a comfortable temperature or cools the compartment to the current ambient temperature. If the vehicle is equipped with the optional Engine Remote Start (ERS), the air conditioning can be used to pre-cool the passenger compartment to a comfortable temperature."

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
The app also allows you to easily configure how long you want to warm up or cool down - could be 1 minute or 15 minutes.
Every new Volvo, today, allows for this.

·
Registered
496 Posts
On page 180, the US owner's manual says "Starting and stopping preconditioning. Preconditioning heats/cools the passenger compartment prior to driving. Please note that the charging cable must be connected. ...
This is the same in my car.

Starting from a cell phone. Starting preconditioning and checking the current settings can be done from a cell phone with the Volvo On Call mobile app. Preconditioning heats the passenger compartment to a comfortable temperature or cools the compartment to the current ambient temperature. If the vehicle is equipped with the optional Engine Remote Start (ERS), the air conditioning can be used to pre-cool the passenger compartment to a comfortable temperature."
This is different. Every European T8 is equipped with a auxiliarry heater on fuel. You can programm it from the VOC app.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts