SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all

today i wanted to remote start the engine from the volvo app to cool the car because it was hot.
the remote engine start function is not there anymore.
I deleted an reinstalled the app but no engine remote with the timer that you can choose.to leave.
I don' t understand
it was all there yesterday and now it is gone.
anyone ideas how to fix this

thanks

Rectangle Font Electric blue Parallel Screenshot

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle

as you see on the last picture the minute timer has gone and when i click on start the preheater starts not the engine
I need help

·
Registered
V70 02/2007 auxiliary heater with all start/stop options Billstein B12 kit Xc90 brakes abl retrofit
257 Posts
Perhaps it’s because off the Environmental issues in the world and Volvo wants to make a statement!???

·
Registered
689 Posts
hi all

today i wanted to remote start the engine from the volvo app to cool the car because it was hot.
the remote engine start function is not there anymore.
I deleted an reinstalled the app but no engine remote with the timer that you can choose.to leave.
I don' t understand
it was all there yesterday and now it is gone.
anyone ideas how to fix this

thanks

View attachment 167841
View attachment 167840

as you see on the last picture the minute timer has gone and when i click on start the preheater starts not the engine
I need help
Just buy the Midcity Engineering remote start for 150.00 and goodbye Volvo subscription! The remote installs easily and is operated right off of your Volvo key fob.

·
Registered
'05 V50 T5 M66, '04 XC70, '98 V70 AWD, various junk from other brands
735 Posts
Just buy the Midcity Engineering remote start for 150.00 and goodbye Volvo subscription! The remote installs easily and is operated right off of your Volvo key fob.
Just took a look at their website. Says it only works on stuff up to 2019. Did something change for 2020?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got my '19 S60 back in July and I've never seen any Remote Start functionality inside of the app (Android 5.18.1)... However, the Remote Start widget works just fine. Also, starting the Climate function from the app home screen starts the car just the same as either the Remote Start or Climate widgets do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps it is an issue with the Android version of the app. The iOS version has the functionality.
View attachment 168780
hi
i have the same layout now as the picture you posted . but if i click start my heater starts not the engine
on the picture below is the layout that i had and this actually started the engine. i first selected the minute and then it prompted to say start engine. and my engine started
now the right bar with minutes are gone and when i click start (now ) the build in heater starts not the engine

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Rectangle Font Screenshot Electric blue Auto part

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got my '19 S60 back in July and I've never seen any Remote Start functionality inside of the app (Android 5.18.1)... However, the Remote Start widget works just fine. Also, starting the Climate function from the app home screen starts the car just the same as either the Remote Start or Climate widgets do.
i agree . it was in the climate section but now its gone the layout has changed
see below
and where can i find the remote start widget in the app?

·
Registered
78 Posts
i agree . it was in the climate section but now its gone the layout has changed
see below
and where can i find the remote start widget in the app?
After installation of the app the associated widgets should be available (in most Android launchers) by long-pressing on the home screen and selecting them from the menu(s) that appear.

Here are all four Volvo widgets on my Android home screen "car page "...
Font Screenshot Electric blue Gas Darkness

You can also create direct shortcuts for the functions by long-pressing the Volvo App icon (in my case, the prancing moose), then dragging the function(s) to the home screen...
Font Screenshot Electric blue Communication Device Multimedia

The resulting shortcut icons are not particularly easy to see on my dark wallpaper, but they are there and function as you would expect.
Font Screenshot Electric blue Darkness Circle

There really isn't much difference between the Remote Start and Climate functions (at least, apparently, with ICE models in temperatures that require the engine to run, which is all I've experienced so far)... I just assumed that Volvo officially merged them within the app. In any case, there are still multiple means of remotely starting the car from your phone, even if an explicitly labeled function is not available within the app, so I don't really feel that I'm missing out on anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts