SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 V70R; My remotes do not flash the turn signals on locking. Minor issue but baffling. Every other function concerning locking, armming, or alarming works as far as I can tell. No message ever, all the lights work, and every fuse I can think to check is fine. Any ideas. I am on Maui with no local deraler; the service rep is very conciensous and willing to help but he is baffled also.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Re: Remote no longer flashs turn signals on locking. (papalaua)

I would bet you that the issue is either your hood or your trunk! Try popping your hood and re-closing, then try your trunk. That should do it!!
Honestly, my money is on the hood, FWIW...

-Steve

·
Registered
199 Posts

I had the same issue a while ago - opening and closing (almost dropping it closed) the hood did it for me.
This is the Volvo way of telling you the "hood closed" sensor has not been triggered.
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts

wait, so the turn signals are supposed to flash when you lock the doors?
SOB! Mine don't!

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Re: Remote no longer flashs turn signals on locking. (o2k)

Quote, originally posted by o2k »
SOB! Mine don't!

It can be changed at the dealer ... no blink/blink once/blink twice, when locking ... can be programmed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Mahalo: The hood trick is the fix. Must have been watching too much Barrett Jackson where they very gently shut the hood.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Remote no longer flashs turn signals on locking. (o2k)

Quote, originally posted by o2k »
SOB! Mine don't!

Hmmmm..........thought that the flash/lock confirmation was standard but the flash/unlock was the download (which I had done).

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Quote, originally posted by papalaua »
Mahalo: The hood trick is the fix. Must have been watching too much Barrett Jackson where they very gently shut the hood.

Al in the hood and trunk make it tough. You don't want to slam it down, but you also don't have as much weight to latch it as you'd be expecting.

The hood on my old Pathfinder, which was probably the same size as the R's hook, was SO much heavier since it was steel.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: Remote no longer flashs turn signals on locking. (Needsdecaf)

Dealer showed my that the other day...most likely the hood ...if it's something you had programmed then thats something else entirely...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.