SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dr. Wolfgang Reitzle, Ford Motor Company group vice president, Premier Automotive Group, announced today he has accepted a position with Linde AG, a leading German engineering company, as its future chief executive officer. Reitzle will continue to assist Ford Motor Company as a consultant on product, design and marketing-related issues. The move is effective May 1. "We are committed to the Premier Automotive Group strategy," said Bill Ford, chairman and chief executive officer. "These brands are strong and that strength stems from exceptional products and talented people, a combination that will deliver outstanding results going forward. <BR>"I want to thank Wolfgang Reitzle for his contributions to the development of our luxury brand strategy," said Bill Ford. <P>"Being a CEO at Linde AG is a great opportunity for me and one I felt I could not pass up at this point in my career," said Reitzle. "Ford is heading in the right direction with their premium brand strategy and I plan to assist them in my new role in any way I can." <P>Reitzle joined Ford in 1999 after 23 years with BMW AG. Under his tenure at Ford, the company consolidated its luxury brands into the Premier Automotive Group and acquired Land Rover. At BMW, he served as a member of the Board of Management with responsibility for research and development and sales and marketing.<BR>

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B>Dr. Wolfgang Reitzle, Ford Motor Company group vice president, Premier Automotive Group, announced today he has accepted a position with Linde AG, a leading German engineering company, as its future chief executive officer. Reitzle will continue to assist Ford Motor Company as a consultant on product, design and marketing-related issues. The move is effective May 1. "We are committed to the Premier Automotive Group strategy," said Bill Ford, chairman and chief executive officer. "These brands are strong and that strength stems from exceptional products and talented people, a combination that will deliver outstanding results going forward. <BR>"I want to thank Wolfgang Reitzle for his contributions to the development of our luxury brand strategy," said Bill Ford. <P>"Being a CEO at Linde AG is a great opportunity for me and one I felt I could not pass up at this point in my career," said Reitzle. "Ford is heading in the right direction with their premium brand strategy and I plan to assist them in my new role in any way I can." <P>Reitzle joined Ford in 1999 after 23 years with BMW AG. Under his tenure at Ford, the company consolidated its luxury brands into the Premier Automotive Group and acquired Land Rover. At BMW, he served as a member of the Board of Management with responsibility for research and development and sales and marketing.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm...so it's official...can you spell "shouting behind the scenes"???<P>Yannis<P><P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, no kidding. PAG is getting the guy from Mazda. I guess we'll see how he is. We know he's done pretty well over there.<P>I wonder what the behind the scenes story was there?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B><BR>I wonder what the behind the scenes story was there?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My guess would be that he [Reitzle] and Ford Junior had a big disagreement over the direction of PAG (I have to assume that Reitzle had a bigger and better vision than Ford Junior) plus, as reported, the future of JaGHEWAh Racing...<P>Yannis<P><P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, F1 at Jag.... you gotta wonder how much longer that'd last. If they're smart enough to not axe motorsport entirely, they'll take Jag into ALMS and LeMans which is where Jag's heritage is anyway.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B>Yeah, F1 at Jag.... you gotta wonder how much longer that'd last. If they're smart enough to not axe motorsport entirely, they'll take Jag into ALMS and LeMans which is where Jag's heritage is anyway.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh, yeah...I could not agree more with you...I think that they have a better shot that way, especially at Le Mans. But...you know...F1 is all the glitz. In any case, I think that their F1 hopes are doomed. They are so far behind, developmentally, noteven Adrian Newey would be able to save them.<P>Yannis<P><P>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts