SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Curt 120663 trailer hitch on my V60 today but don't know whether I did something wrong because I had to use a lot of force to pull the bumper cover into position behind the back wheels. I cut out some fascia where the receiver sticks out so I know that's not the issue. The thickness of the plates where the hitch attaches to the body of the car plus the spacers has moved the steel bumper back about 5/8 of an inch. Would that might be far enough to push against the inside of the bumper cover? I don't know whether to take the bumper cover off again to figure out what's going on or just leave it alone. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
i didn't have any issues -let me look at my install picts and see if I can post some for you.

heat shield:

bumper:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the photos Chris. I bent the flexible heatshield around the back of the receiver like you did. My car has the rectangle-shaped exhaust diffusers instead of the round exhausts like your car has so there may be other differences in the shape of the bumper cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts