SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had the notice pop up on my screen. manual says its nothing extremely important but i live no where close to a dealer. closest is 350 miles away and I wont be going back that way until may 8th. What is usually done in the service? Is it something that I can do on my own or maybe another service shop here can do? <p>

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: regular scheduled maintanence (stormchasin_racin)

Open glove box and check for booklet that describes recommended items at each interval (since you didn't tell us which interval you're looking at). For now, reset the indicator and do some homework.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Re: regular scheduled maintanence (stormchasin_racin)

<br>Service reminder message for regular maintenance, nothing to address as long as your maintenance is up to date. It is preset to pop-up at 7500 mile intervals, IIRC. Look under our FAQ section to see procedure to reset it yourself - otherwise - dealer will have to reset or just temp reset it after every start by using the stem reset button.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i read the book and it says at 7500 miles, 750 hours, or 12 months or whatever comes first. im confused as ive put more than 7500 miles on the car since I purchased it and have never seen the message. im at 368XX miles so i believe the 37500 is coming up. it is set to go away after 2 minutes but i dont want to see that message for another month. ill try to reset it myself. was just in at the dealer and they said nothing was wrong and needed nothing done to her. maybe ill do some more 'homework'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts