SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to update my regional map (Texas) last night. I follow all the steps, downloading the map on a 4GB USB thumb drive and insert the USB drive in my 2018 XC90. The central display panel indicates the message of "Installing Texas Map" or something like that, but no progress bar at all. I sat in the car for half hour last night with the engine on, and the message remained there. I gave up and turned off the ignition. When I drove my car to work this morning, the message remains there as my thumb drive was still plunged in. However, the message never goes away after 30 minutes' driving.

Is this normal? It seems odd the the installation is taking such a long time for a small regional map.

Any advice?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Make sure you plug the USB drive to the 2nd USB port (the one closer to the passenger seat) and not the 1st USB port (facing the driver).

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just did this yesterday, but the Volvo update program seemed to now require a 34GB to load the maps. I used a 64GB stick. I started the engine, plugged it into the port with the outline around it and it took a couple of seconds for a prompt on the screen to appear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts