SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a redye on my T5R steering wheel. I used Leatherique's system and was pretty pleased with the results. I learned a few things along the way, including any dents or blemishes will really show up with the new finish on! Not a hard process, but it does take a couple of days.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
No
Done right, (and depending on how bad the original wheel was), it can last for years

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
McShake, leatherique is a water based dye specifically made for leather. It also includes a clear coat to keep the finish looking new. I have an air compressor and an HVLP spray gun, so I sprayed it as opposed to laying it down with a brush. I've talked with a few friends that used this process and after three years on one M-series steering wheel, still looks like the day he did it. I'll let you know my thoughts and how it does. My wheel wasn't in that bad a shape, mainly some breaking up of the dye where my wedding band has scraped the dye off. Looks like new now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the original wheel. The pictures didn't post in order. The first pic is of the finished wheel. The second is what it looked like when I started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts