SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 01 2.4t v70 came up with a reduced power code this weekend on the highway while at cruising speed. It surges and bucks only at a steady speed. While acelerating it seems to have good pick up.when I come to a stop it stumbles then smothes out. <br> thanks robe

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Sounds like it could be the beginnings of the dreaded ETM issue. Take it to the dealer and have them flash upgrade the ECU. They have a "recall" on the ETM and as one of the steps to help with such issues as yours they routinely will do the software upgrade for free. Notice that I said they "will do," and not "they may do," so it is something they WILL do...and it WILL be free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Thanks for the info.Friday the car would not even drive around town.I was able to limp it to the dealer and it was indeed the etm issue. after the upgrade the car works fine and yes it was free.although they said to stay local due to ecu compatibility issues with the upgrade which may lead to a ecu replacement.I should know in the first fifty miles or so.<br> Thanks again robe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts