SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after changing water pump.and heads and cools changed with service the subject line message appears on the cluster of dashboard of S40 T5 2006. Car overheated and blown gasket was replaced but cause was a leaking water pump. All fixed, car drives well except for this message that doesn't want to go away. I researched a little and found out that the message of reduced engine performance cause may be a dirty throttle body or the worse case the ETM must be replace. Electronic throttle body module. Had it cleaned but the message still appears.

Any ideas where else I should look at so that this.messge dissapears??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
You need to pull the Volvo DTC codes. But sometimes, this message can be caused by the accelerator pedal.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
There are two sensors within the pedal, yes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I replaced my radiator hose, I must have moved the wiring leading to the connector in the throttle body. The wires had become so brittle that some of them just cut from the movement. So when I went to start the engine, I had this message but in my case the car was in limp home mode. The wires were severed with before the connector itself. I soldered them back and never had a problem since. Just thought you might want to check that.

·
Registered
XC70 2.5T, V50T5 AWD M6
514 Posts
You need to pull the Volvo DTC codes. But sometimes, this message can be caused by the accelerator pedal.
It can, but more often than the pedal itself, it turns out to be a wiring problem. Throttle body is another possibility, but I'd start by checking all major connectors and their pins for corrosion, inside the fusebox, on the ECU and in engine bay. Especially after work has been performed on engine hardware. Chances are one of the connectors that may or may have been disconnected has a broken connection.

Lots of PRF 7-78, tiny (denture) brush and elbow grease is an amazingly effective combination. Dielectric grease makes sure the problem stays away once it's located. Three years ago I was about to rip my hair out after replacing the pedal assy and cleaning several grounding points and the connectors on CEM, but after I turned my attention to the engine bay looms and spent some time cleaning the connectors thoroughly, the REP-fault was finally gone and has stayed away ever since.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank will look into these areas and provide feedback if anything untoward is found.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok update.on the subject line issue. Had a diagnostic done. Pulled off the codes...ECM engine control module fault. Of which there were 8 sub fault codes. Cleared them all. Redone the diagnostic and they never reappeared. So far so good...improved driving without any messages on the dashboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts