SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

Has anyone encountered the Reduced Engine Performance with a small turtle icon on the dash? My wife was driving the car this morning and she drives slow, she said that the car feels the same without no change except for the message telling her to take the car to service (which we will). Anyone?:confused:

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,089 Posts
Search the forums for it. There are multiple threads discussing the "Reduced Engine Performance" Turtle icon. I used to have it pop up on my V90CC but not anymore. Apparently, Volvo has put in a software update patch recently as I have not gotten that error in the past 20-25k miles. Make sure all your software is updated to the latest and greatest. That very well might solve your issue. If it doesn't, there's always the dealership and the warranty!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Right, make sure your SW is up to date.
I had this twice but not after getting the updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had that during the first 2 months I owned the car. I dropped the car at my local service. They worked on it for a couple of days. Then they said they would like to keep the car for even longer but I had travel plans, so I picked the car. I might have seen it one more time but then it disappeared. I haven't seen this error lately. I would also recommend, tell them to run diagnostics in case there is something obvious and to update the cars software.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Speculating here won't do any good. There are many things that can cause that light. You have to take it in. No need to "tell them to run diagnostics"... That's what we do when there is a warning light on. If software is part of the repair, then great. Don't tell them what to do based on opinions here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys. I have an appointment on Monday so I'll update this. So far no warning lights and I drove it yesterday and everything seemed fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purchased 2018 XC60 Rdesign in July 2018. I started getting the turtle icon less than 1 month into owning the car. Volvo ended up shipping a custom computer with custom code to my dealership. Our dealership had us include a letter in the car, that if we had to get service at another Volvo shop, under no circumstances were they to update the software. In Dec 2018 or Jan 2019, we were notified of a permanent software update. Our original computer was updated and reinstalled. No problems since!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i went to the dealership yesterday, they found an error on the computer of the car and they had to do an update to the software.. an update that I have been asking for months now but they kept saying that there were no updates available at the time according to my VIN. It seems like they will only do work if there is something wrong with the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.