SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of new to the Volvo scene. I have an 04' V70R with 113k.
Last night coming home, I took a hard right accelerating pretty good to get into traffic.
CEL and reduced engine performance came on. Vehicle basically wouldnt go above 5mph.
Turned it off and on. Lights stayed on but it was hesitant and jerky. I was less than a mile from home so I drove. 1 minute later it went back into limp mode, 5mph wouldnt rev.
I got home home and started reading. Holding the brake while revving doesnt affect performance.
I dont have a VIDA :( :(
I havent disco'd the battery yet.
Car has a intermittent water pump leak Which requires me to top off the reservoir every two-three months. Quarter size pool in the garage. Engine doesnt run hot.
Regular service required nag is on. The methods to reset Ive seen on the youtubes hasnt reset it, even though I did the service a few months ago.

When I rev the engine its burping on decel. I know I need to pull the code, But im hoping for some insight before I jump in. Its my daily and Im forced to drive my big ole dually diesel for now.
1) Anyone in ABQ have a VIDA I can use to pull a code?
2) Which VIDA/DICE should I buy? Really dont want to wait for the long boat ride, prefer US seller.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
569 Posts
Without VIDA it could be difficult to find the source of the problem.
First of all the water pump needs immediate attention, as could cause serious engine damage. It is a time bomb.

1. Pull both fuses 6 & 23 inside the engine bay fuse box and crank the engine for few seconds - the car won't start - then put both fuses back and start the car. The process is an alternative to disconnecting the battery cables.
2. Check the TCV on the side of the Airbox, if its clogged then replace.
3. Check the plastic hoses attached to the TCV - if its cracked, then replace.
4. Check for vacum leaks.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Reset the ECU, but scan it with a generic reader first. If its the MAF it'll show up with any code reader.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm having a similar issue owl. Let me know what you find. How do you rest the ecu hounddogger, just by pulling the battery?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I'm having a similar issue owl. Let me know what you find. How do you rest the ecu hounddogger, just by pulling the battery?

That or

"1. Pull both fuses 6 & 23 inside the engine bay fuse box and crank the engine for few seconds - the car won't start - then put both fuses back and start the car. The process is an alternative to disconnecting the battery cables."

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, I was trying to find a US seller. I think I did found one.
BTW my issue was bad MAF. reading 5.5
Had an indy do it and the timing belt/cam seals.

·
Registered
200 Posts
classic symptoms of blowing off an air charge connection (boost leak... usually happens at the throttle body, but could be anywhere downwind of the turbo).

since you told us nothing about your car, we can't help much.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Glad to hear you fixed it owl. Mine is still a problem. How did you read your maf, and what did you use to do it? Where did you find your Vida?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts