SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 XC60 T6 AWD with 170,000 miles on it. Yesterday I was getting on the highway, accelerated, check engine light came on (flashing) then the "reduce speed or shift up" warning came on the screen. I had it towed to where my daughter's boyfriend works (Toyota)and parked it there. He wasn't able to look at it until after 3 pm today. In the meanwhile, I did some searching on google and saw that more than likely it was plugs and ignition coils. He did a generic scan and came up with codes P0350 - P0356. Misfire in cylinder 5. He pulled out the coil for 5 and it was melted. So we replaced that Got all new plugs (the old ones were worn.) Didn't start still. It was trying to turn over and didn't. Got the other 5 coils, replaced those and still will not start. We disconnected the battery to see if maybe the computer may have disabled the engine from starting just in case it felt something was wrong. Still nothing.

Could it be a bad fuel pump? The nearest actual Volvo dealership is not one I want to go to, as they are no good...lol

Any thoughts on this from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I did search for the forums for this - found a lot of them, but not were specific to my problem after I put the new plugs and coils in

Chad

2010 XC60 T6
Go to the top of the pageReport Post

·
Registered
2010 xc60 t6
3 Posts
I have a 2010 XC60 T6 AWD with 170,000 miles on it. Yesterday I was getting on the highway, accelerated, check engine light came on (flashing) then the "reduce speed or shift up" warning came on the screen. I had it towed to where my daughter's boyfriend works (Toyota)and parked it there. He wasn't able to look at it until after 3 pm today. In the meanwhile, I did some searching on google and saw that more than likely it was plugs and ignition coils. He did a generic scan and came up with codes P0350 - P0356. Misfire in cylinder 5. He pulled out the coil for 5 and it was melted. So we replaced that Got all new plugs (the old ones were worn.) Didn't start still. It was trying to turn over and didn't. Got the other 5 coils, replaced those and still will not start. We disconnected the battery to see if maybe the computer may have disabled the engine from starting just in case it felt something was wrong. Still nothing.

Could it be a bad fuel pump? The nearest actual Volvo dealership is not one I want to go to, as they are no good...lol

Any thoughts on this from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I did search for the forums for this - found a lot of them, but not were specific to my problem after I put the new plugs and coils in

Chad

2010 XC60 T6
Go to the top of the pageReport Post
hi ....
did you find anything ??

·
Registered
820 Posts
Did you clear the codes and rescan? Double check the connections, wiring and battery.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had this happen a few months ago. Coil shorted out and stranded me on the side of a mountain. After replacing all the coils, dealership also found that the fuse was blown to the coils due to the short. I am still having stuttering issues intermittently so I am thinking I have soiled spark plugs that I need to replace. Should have replaced them when I did the coils...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts