SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone had to do it!

Red plastidip on pegs.

Pretty easy to put on the wheels, cleaned up the rims with soap and scrubbed any dirt and brake dust off. Then applied about 6 coats of dip and let them dry over night before putting them on the car.

More info on dipping your car at: http://dipyourcar.com/

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Not my cup of tea. :thumbup: for effort.

·
Registered
271 Posts
love the look man, great job. did u mask the inside of the rims? looks like a clean cut from the inside

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
nice

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
NICE! You should let me get some shots of your car in motion that we can post... and video!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I was also quite hesitant, but I like it. Good job. I agree on the mirror caps. Black out your headlight lenses and you're in a special place.

·
Registered
228 Posts
OMFG!

That is a crime! I could go on, but it's not worth the effort...

:thumbdown:

Ghetto.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Pretty sick looking - Not my cup of tea - but to each his own.

The best part is if you want it off - just peal it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looks really cool! I thougt of the idea to do my winterpegs red or yellow with plasti-dip. Now i know how it looks, i guess it´s an eyecatcher!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Way to be an individual! It being plasti dip makes it a very low risk operation so hey why not? They are coming out with some intense colors on that site (started out very basic). I'm not saying it looks bad, but with a more aggressive stance I think you could actually pull it off.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Damn I know what I'm doing when I have free time... I'm getting tired of the black plastidip. And if I don't like the red, I'll just peel it off. :)

Mirror caps need to be dipped too IMO.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I've seen worse but you need to finish it off.
Red on the grill surround, maybe the tip of the rear spoiler and mirrors, etc

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've seen worse but you need to finish it off.
Red on the grill surround, maybe the tip of the rear spoiler and mirrors, etc
I agree with JRL - if the Porsche only had red wheels with no decals and red trim, it wouldn't look good. Add some of those checkered decals, mirrors, etc :)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Doesn't look bad. Like JRL said you need to finish it off with more detail matching the wheels. And more of a aggressive stance. Springs, Spacers etc..

1 - 20 of 74 Posts