SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one doesn't set any restrictions that the Red Key is useful for, does it behave as any normal main key does? Does it have memory settings? (I know the at least one exception would be that it doesn't have the internal blade key available).

Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
If the defaults are changed, it can act much like a regular key.

Many of the safety systems are turned on by default. The idea is that a younger driver or valet should not be able to turn off safety preferences if you want them on or torque up your audio system.

Its profile name cannot be changed (if I recall correctly).

The red key can easily take precedence over your other key - ignoring your other key’s settings. So one must be mindful to check the profile before starting out.

I am not using the red key as much as I thought would. It’s nice when you want restrictions.

I doubt that I would buy it or use it again in another future Volvo car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not using the red key as much as I thought would. It’s nice when you want restrictions.

I doubt that I would buy it or use it again in another future Volvo car.
Thanks, I think that helps confirm that it's perfectly usable to drive the car, but if I want my personal settings/profile etc... I think using the Red Key as a 'replacement' for a normal key fob will end up being annoying over time. I'm looking at a used one that is missing one of the keys, but has the Red Key. I'll need to include replacement as part of my cost to purchase.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If one doesn't set any restrictions that the Red Key is useful for, does it behave as any normal main key does? Does it have memory settings? (I know the at least one exception would be that it doesn't have the internal blade key available).

Thanks for any info...
FYI, there is an internal blade key in my Red Key Fob.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My v90 is passion red, so I like the look of the red key. I just bought the shell and put my normal key internals into it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts