SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2012 S60 T5 and to my amazement can't get a straight answer what is Volvo recommended oil for this vehicle ? Mobil and castroll websites mysteriously lack any info so I wonder if anybody knows

1). What is Volvo recommended oil for 2012 T5?
2) what oil/oils meet Volvo specs?
3) what other drivers recommend for a 2012!S60 T5 driven in "no snow" climate in the US

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Volvo does recommend Castrol.
This thread has a lot of info which you might find useful, or confusing.
Once I start doing my own oil changes I intend to use Mobil 1.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Engine oil
Engine oil must meet the minimum ILSAC specification GF-4, API SL, or ACEA A1/B1. Lower quality oils may not offer the same fuel economy, engine performance, or engine pro- tection.
Volvo recommends Castrol.

I believe that both Mobil and Pennzoil have apps on their sites to help you find an oil for a specific car and model.

https://mobiloil.com/en/product-selector
http://lubematch.pennzoil.com/landi...uage=18&site=65®ion=410&language=18&brand=121
+1. The best synthetic is Amsoil, but its expensive. In my opinion Pennzoil Ultra Platinum would be next. Its what I intend to run long term.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you everybody. Besides the brand, what oil type goes into 2012 S60 T5? I am driving in a warm climate... For instance my previous ride required 0-40 . Is tat good for T5? Need some pointers, haven't driven a Volvo in almost 10 years...

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I just follow the manual -- I use the full synthetic Castrol -- started during my S&S at the dealer, continued on my own.
+1 I always use the recommended oil that Volvo recommends using for the vehicle, which in my case Full Synthetic Castrol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
+1 I always use the recommended oil that Volvo recommends using for the vehicle, which in my case Full Synthetic Castrol.
+1... I go with the highest grade synthetic
Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts