SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been looking at new rotors lately, and reading some threads here, and was wondering what is a recommended rotor replacement for my front rotors? I looked at Elevate's rotors, but these are $300 for the pair, and not sure if anyone has these...if they are worth the price.

Should I go for EBC rotors instead? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I have EBC Turbogroove rotors as well as the EBC Greenstuff pads (all round!). Really good brakes. Cost (here) a little more than the Volvo discs, but they are worth every cent. Depending on how your driving style is, I'd either get the black pads or green pads (green being the more sportier version).

What rotor style was you looking at? Standards? Slotted? Drilled?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I think many will say that rotors are rotors. Invest in a good pad and stock rotors will do just fine. I personally replaced with OEM all around for the sake of cost and that they lasted quite well. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I'm running ebc rotors, there gold and slotted and dimpled. Teamed them up with green stuf pads and the car stops pretty dang well. Not too harsh on the pocket book either.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I think many will say that rotors are rotors. Invest in a good pad and stock rotors will do just fine. I personally replaced with OEM all around for the sake of cost and that they lasted quite well. Just my $.02
If you are not tracking the car extensively this is all you need. Centric High Carbons work great, look great & are inexpensive. Tire Rack Link

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have EBC Turbogroove rotors as well as the EBC Greenstuff pads (all round!). Really good brakes. Cost (here) a little more than the Volvo discs, but they are worth every cent. Depending on how your driving style is, I'd either get the black pads or green pads (green being the more sportier version).

What rotor style was you looking at? Standards? Slotted? Drilled?
Looking for maybe slotted but definitely NOT drilled. Probably will look for green pads as I'm not too aggressive with driving but will take it out once in a while for drive around some curves on some back roads.

---

George @ VIVA, will look at your options. Thanks for mentioning them.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, I decided this time to go the non-drilled, non-slotted...don't-really-care-if-a-hot-chick-is-looking-at-my-car rotors option. ;)

EBC OE Premium Replacement (Solid) Rotors with HAWK HPS Performance Street Pads. There's A LOT of little things I want to take care of this summer, so this was the better option.

Will be bleeding my brakes and getting SS brake lines as well so I wanted to save a little for the Motive bleeder and SS lines.

Thanks again, guys.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'm running ebc rotors, there gold and slotted and dimpled. Teamed them up with green stuf pads and the car stops pretty dang well. Not too harsh on the pocket book either.
I've got exactly the same combo on my C30. The Turbo Groove with the curved slots. I love 'em.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
The best deal I found on stock rotors was through VoluParts.com
but shop around and see what you find on aftermarket rotors too. It was a good deal for me because I didn't have to pay for shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts