SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...
I own a 2011 XC90 R-Design. I'm looking for recommended interior cleaning products. I'm nervous to try anything without definitely knowing it won't destroy anything. I'm currently just wiping the dust with a damp cloth, but I don't feel like this works very well. Also, it doesn't work on the fingerprints that get on the inlay trim parts, such as around the gear shift, top of glove compartment, and on doors.

I thought I'd see what everyone else recommends. :)

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
For interior I use 1Z Einszett Plastic Vinyl Cleaner and 303 Aerospace. Pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats. Works great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For trim both vinyl and plastics I use Vinylex and for leather cleaning and conditioning I use LexolpH to clean and lexol to dress leather. http://www.lexol.com/

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the leather in the XC90 seems softer than other models. I went from a '09 V70 to an '11 XC90. The leather in the V70 was soft but sturdy. The leather in the XC90 scuffs and pulls if I look at it crooked. Already had the bottom front seat covers replaced. The dealer gave me a Volvo leather cleaning kit and told me to use nothing else... I would think in an SUV with the potential for kids and pets, Volvo would have used a more durable cut of leather? Anyone else have any issues?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone noticed that the leather in the XC90 seems softer than other models. I went from a '09 V70 to an '11 XC90. The leather in the V70 was soft but sturdy. The leather in the XC90 scuffs and pulls if I look at it crooked. Already had the bottom front seat covers replaced. The dealer gave me a Volvo leather cleaning kit and told me to use nothing else... I would think in an SUV with the potential for kids and pets, Volvo would have used a more durable cut of leather? Anyone else have any issues?
I've had my car less then 1 year, 15,000 miles, and the leather still looks great. I have the R-Design; I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. We clean/condition it with the Ikea leather care. It's supposed to be the same as the Volvo cleaner.

P.S. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

·
Registered
334 Posts
For general maint get meguiars quick interior detailer....very similar to 1z cockpit premium in the way it works and looks but at a fraction of the cost.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts