SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I had yesterday a pretty bad experience: I've got the car from the parking and got a "reduced engine performance" warning. The car was "stuttering" and basically not drivable.
After the car was transported into the next volvo service point, the tech found out that the duct between the air filter and the motor came loose, the engine was sensing "normal air" and sort of panicked.
The cause was the holding ring screw getting loose (or it wasn't tight to start with). Even after fixing the tube, the tech had to do a software reset with his computer as the car still reported a problem.

In short, to avoid a visit to the dealer, I recommend that you check the status of the holding ring of your "air tube" immediately, it is much easier to do preventive maintenance than to have to bring the car in once the problem shows. I hope that you will not experience this yourself...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

sorry citivas, my bad.
- open the hood/bonnet
- look at the right, at the corrugated tube left of the orange clips, this is the tube that joins the motor (centre) to the air filter (down right, below the orange clips). The metal ring holds the tube into the air filter, and that is the part the loosened
- make sure this is tight
- close the hood ;)

This is a hybrid engine but my D5 looks very similar.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Brought the car in for the big update and reported this issue. Thanks for the heads up chmax.

M

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

sorry citivas, my bad.
- open the hood/bonnet
- look at the right, at the corrugated tube left of the orange clips, this is the tube that joins the motor (centre) to the air filter (down right, below the orange clips). The metal ring holds the tube into the air filter, and that is the part the loosened
- make sure this is tight
- close the hood ;)

This is a hybrid engine but my D5 looks very similar.
Very clear instructions. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts