SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading through the threads I'm using Goriot's leather cleaner and conditioner dressing for the leather. So far, so good.

But this is the first "new" car I've had in about 20 years. And the dash material I've never really seen before -- or at least I haven't had the need to clean this type of material. What are you guys using for the top of the dash? And what are you using for the door panels (preferably the same cleaner).

Thanks for the insights and experiences!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I use Meguiars interior cleaner.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I use Meguirars interior cleaner.
Meguiar's M40 Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner.

I've been using it for years. It gives you a clean new-car look without the tacky shine of other products.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Meguiars Interior Cleaner "Natural Shine" a couple of times are year since it has 3M Microban Scotch Guard protection (but not on the steering wheel) and for in between wipe downs Armor-All "Cleaning Wipes" (not the traditional greasy Armor-All) or just a damp microfiber cloth to wipe the dash and door panels down.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks all. I'll check out the Meg's interior cleaner. I wasn't sure about the Mirror Glaze stuff since the interior is sort of "tacky" and the finish "dull" (or at least not "smooth") [is that a fair description?] and wasn't sure if that would produce a finish that looked kinda weird.

Meguiars Interior Cleaner "Natural Shine" a couple of times are year since it has 3M Microban Scotch Guard protection (but not on the steering wheel) and for in between wipe downs Armor-All "Cleaning Wipes" (not the traditional greasy Armor-All) or just a damp microfiber cloth to wipe the dash and door panels down.
Do all Volvo dashes have the 3m microbes Scotch guard protection or was this something you added.

I'm definitely going to look at Meguiars cleaner -- and I'd prefer one that's a cleaner without "too" much shine. Even something that's relatively dull.

Almaz said:
Meguiar's M40 Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner.

I've been using it for years. It gives you a clean new-car look without the tacky shine of other products.
I wonder if the "mirror glaze" would be too shiny. As it is the dash board (top) kinda has a dull finish don't you think?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I use Blackfire products on my interior. I purchased their leather kit which comes with a interior cleaner, interior protectant, leather conditioner, and various microfiber towels and applicators. The products have been very easy to use and a little goes a long way. I really like these products because unlike the armorall products that leave shiny greasy surfaces, Blackfire leaves a nice clean matte factory looking finish on the interior plastics and leather.

No I am not affliated with them...I just like their products, next summer I am going to get some of their exterior car care products a try.
http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-interior-kit.html#reviews

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I wonder if the "mirror glaze" would be too shiny. As it is the dash board (top) kinda has a dull finish don't you think?
I will double check tonight if I quoted the right Meguiar's product. If it is then no, it's not too shiny.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I use the traditional Armour-All on every interior surface, nothing like a shiny interior!

actually, I just use a quality low-nap microfiber towel with a little water.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Thanks all. I'll check out the Meg's interior cleaner. I wasn't sure about the Mirror Glaze stuff since the interior is sort of "tacky" and the finish "dull" (or at least not "smooth") [is that a fair description?] and wasn't sure if that would produce a finish that looked kinda weird.

Do all Volvo dashes have the 3m microbes Scotch guard protection or was this something you added.
Not sure if Volvo adds any type of Scotch Guard to their products, but that particular Meguiar's product does have 3M Scotch Guard formulated into the product. When I had my Mazda 3 the dealer sealed the paint and scotch guarded the interior for me and it was great! Here is the Meguiar's product that I use for the interior: http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g4116-natural-shine-protectant-16-oz/

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I double checked and what I have is #40, the 'mirror glaze". It is a bit shiny but not that much. To me it gives it a brand new look.
I'd give you some to try if you're close by.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Almaz! Too kind. I'm in LA and you're in Pittsburgh, so that's be a little difficult :)

I did end up getting the Goriot's off all things. I'd used some of their stuff previously (like the leather cleaner). We'll see how this works out. I'm actually not a fan of the Volvo interior surface but I suppose it just takes some time getting used to.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Thank you Almaz! Too kind. I'm in LA and you're in Pittsburgh, so that's be a little difficult :)

I did end up getting the Goriot's off all things. I'd used some of their stuff previously (like the leather cleaner). We'll see how this works out. I'm actually not a fan of the Volvo interior surface but I suppose it just takes some time getting used to.
Cool. I hope it works well to your satisfaction. I've used the same product on different cars (Nissan, MB, Toyota, etc...) and it always looked good (at least to me, most importantly)
If you can take good realistic pictures after using the product please share.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts