SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our XC90 Recharge ER on Saturday. It's a fully loaded Inscription and an incredible upgrade over the '18 Momentum that we traded in. One oddity I've noticed, however, is that twice now I've had the engine turn while not moving, despite plenty of EV range left. Both times were shortly after start up (still parked) - once in my garage and once in a parking spot. I don't think I did anything at all to prompt it. Once the gas is running I'm unable to select Pure mode without turning the car off and back on again (see attached).

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Is it something I'm doing? I understand the gas engine may run once in a while to burn off stale gas, but this happened on days 2 and 3. On day 1 we drove 150 miles, so it shouldn't need to burn anything off...

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Gadget Personal luxury car

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just ran across this thread which contains some similar-sounding experiences. I'll continue to monitor it, but given that the car was just built I don't have a ton of hope that a software update fixes it. XC90 T8 runs engine too much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Immediately switching into gear sounds very plausible. I'll try to recreate that today and start letting it get through initialization first. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well that wasn't it. Had another engine start today while resting my foot on the brake waiting for the startup sequence to finish.

Question - when the engine starts for a "maintenance cycle", is there any indication of that being the reason?

Time to start recording every start on video I guess. I'm also going to sit in the car and cycle on/off repeatedly to see if it happens that way. I had four starts today (all 2-3 mile drives) and a full battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts