SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone, about a month ago I purchased a used '17 V60CC with 28.7K miles on it for around $21,700. So I've been looking for wheels and tires for the CC and I think I'm going to do 16x6.5 or 16x7 steelie wrapped in either BFGoodridge KO2 or General Grabber APT A/T in a 215/70R16. Yes I realize that is a larger diameter tire to what came on the car. Mine are 235/45R19. I'm also highly considering the 30mm spacer kit from TEMA4X4. Eventually I would like to get the RaceChip GTS for a little extra power and torque.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't think 16 inch wheels would clear the front rotors, though.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Whether they would fit or not, the 16s seem like a terrible idea to me just based on looks alone. 18s and 19s are sized perfectly for the body style and overall size of the car. 17” factory wheels already look too small on these cars. 16s would look really awkward, like you skipped leg day. It’s a big car, and it’ll look weird with such small wheels even if you have enough tire to fill the extra space. You might be able to pull off the look with 17s, but any smaller than that...maybe not so much. Not trying to be a jerk, but I know I would prefer honest and straightforward feedback if it was my own car and I was asking friends to weigh-in.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Also, I haven’t heard of the RaceChipsGTS option. There are very few viable tuning choices for these cars and the ECU isn’t easy to tune, so I wouldn’t trust an off-brand choice that isn’t widely discussed already in this community as it’s likely to lead to disappointment. I’m not sure what’s available for your motor specifically, but I’d start by looking at what options might be available from Polestar, Hilton, and TDI-Tuning, as these are the companies that have been used successfully on members’ cars in the P3 community. I’m running a Polestar tune and TDI box on top of that on my S60 T6. I’m not sure what they have for the T5 but I’d start by looking at Polestar options and go from there.

Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your car!

·
Registered
698 Posts
According to TireRack.com 16s would fit, I'm not too worried about how they are going to look as long as its functional why I'm going with steelies. Heres the link for the RaceChip information. https://www.racechip.us/shop/volvo/s60-i-y20-2010-to-2018/2-0-t5-1969ccm-240hp-180kw-258lb-ft.html
In winter we run 225/65x16s X-Ice 3s on our '16 V60CC. The wheels do clear the front brakes though not by much. They look and handle just fine.

V60 Snow Slush 20180222_140252.jpg
Zoom in on the rear wheel... Nasty driving conditions!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Can't wait to see what you end up doing. I have a '17 V60CC too. Was looking at Tire Rack's 16" wheel & A/T tire options.
Crosscountry performance has lift kits for P3 V70XC and tell me it theoretically fits our cars, but I don't want to be the guinea pig. https://crosscountryperformance.com/

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm looking to do the same thing! I wanted to go with 70/16s too and thought the .5" increase would be manageable but haven't gone through with it yet. Keep us posted.

FWIW, the factory steel spare that came with my CC is a 17".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts