SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
18,346 Posts
You wanna risk being one of the 4?

I'm in no rush personally, but a safety issue is a safety issue. I don't expect everyone to feel the same as me and I wouldn't judge them for wanting the issue resolved ASAP either.
No, that’s why I got mine done in October

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
3,045 Posts
Lol the dealers in my area still can't find my car in the system as having an active recall. Online it says no active recalls on it too. Lol. Guess Volvo's system wants to see me dead

·
Registered
18,346 Posts
Lol the dealers in my area still can't find my car in the system as having an active recall. Online it says no active recalls on it too. Lol. Guess Volvo's system wants to see me dead
You need to deal with PARTS not service. Recall is run through parts, they have the active master list.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
There isn't an active master list. There is a portal we log into, plug in in VIN and it shows active recalls (as well as warranty history and other info on the car). Service and parts have access to the same portal.

·
Premium Member
2022 V90CC B6/Platinum Grey/Lounge/Climate/Advanced/B&W
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I called the three local (closest) dealers to me and none of them has any idea when they will be getting the replacement airbags in. I am on a waiting list at our customary usual service spot.

·
Registered
18,346 Posts
There isn't an active master list. There is a portal we log into, plug in in VIN and it shows active recalls (as well as warranty history and other info on the car). Service and parts have access to the same portal.
Confirms that my local service dept is just that clueless. They still have no idea. Parts knew and told me personally the day the recall launched that all my p2 VINs were affected.

·
Registered
2005 V70, 2016 V60
388 Posts
So did he state that the part came in 2 weeks ago and he is waiting in line for it to be installed? - No, So you don't know and I don't know when the part is coming in or if it is already there. It's that simple.
One dealer says no problem, another one says call back mid-January to see if they can get parts. Clearly calling around is in order,

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
…some people have too much time on their hands

Reactions: Monocog007

·
Registered
2004 Volvo V70 FWD Manual
162 Posts
My Dealer said they had the air bags in stock. The only reason I am scheduled for the 10th is because of my schedule they could have gotten me in next week.

·
Registered
2005 V70, 2016 V60
388 Posts
My Dealer said they had the air bags in stock. The only reason I am scheduled for the 10th is because of my schedule they could have gotten me in next week.
Who is that? Annapolis Volvo said check back in January to see if they had parts, Koons Volvo in White Marsh said no problem, come on down next week. Maybe it helped that I mentioned I bought my V60 from them? Anyway, the lesson of the day is start calling around until you find a dealer with parts.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I am confused about this - some guy is suing Volvo over the recall? Volvo would (and should) get sued for NOT having a recall.
Because of the mismatched color. Maybe he can get a class action with all the R owners who are mad their new airbag doesn't have the R emblem on it.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
I am confused about this - some guy is suing Volvo over the recall? Volvo would (and should) get sued for NOT having a recall.
99% of the people out there who say "they'll sue" have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Imo suing wouldn’t solve anything, and Volvo would just be discouraged from doing future goodwill recalls where cosmetic aspects wouldn’t be 100% there.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
So did he state that the part came in 2 weeks ago and he is waiting in line for it to be installed? - No, So you don't know and I don't know when the part is coming in or if it is already there. It's that simple.
It's irrelevant. The person I quoted asked why anyone thinks they should go ahead before other people waiting for service. I answered that question. You're making a moot point that has nothing to do with anything.

Cant you just go there with the recall notice? I got one in the mail and another when I had my car inspected.

…some people have too much time on their hands
I'm not sure what's the issue here? They gave him a black/gray airbag? I'm sure the steering wheel under that cheap walmart cover looks a lot worse lol

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
In an impact. Meaning driving along at 85 it not just going to go off.
Well, the letter mentions that there is risk of serious injury or death. Thats sounds a good reason to me to jump ahead of someone getting scheduled service.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts