SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 V90CC B6/Platinum Grey/Lounge/Climate/Advanced/B&W
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a recall notice in the post for the driver's airbag on my 2001 v70xc. Reads that basically, metal "shrapnel" can cause harm to the driver if that driver's bag deploys. Isn't it something that they would put that out on a 21-year-old vehicle?

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
3,021 Posts
What is your question lol

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Yes, it really is something.

·
Registered
18,276 Posts
It’s volvo. They kind of have to in their own best interests. Many volvo families with newer cars still have their old volvos.

Reactions: papaddler

·
Registered
2005 V70, 2016 V60
376 Posts
I got the notice. No parts available to fix it :mad:
I guess the supply chain issue is affecting that as much as everything else.

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
218 Posts
...Isn't it something that they would put that out on a 21-year-old vehicle?
"Something," meaning surprising? No. It's a safety issue that Volvo is required to address. The notice came weeks after my '07 V70 had the work done.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the earliest appointment available,1/3/2022. One would think this would be a priority over routine maintenance plus the fact it's a hour or less to complete.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have the earliest appointment available,1/3/2022. One would think this would be a priority over routine maintenance plus the fact it's a hour or less to complete.
Every car dealership in the world is backed up right now, some weeks and some worse than that. Why do you think you should move in front of people that have been waiting for weeks to have their vehicle serviced?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Every car dealership in the world is backed up right now, some weeks and some worse than that. Why do you think you should move in front of people that have been waiting for weeks to have their vehicle serviced?
Agree. I got my notice 4 days ago and the dealer said early January. I have no problem with that.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Um...because being blinded and/or disfigured in the event of an accident takes precedence over an oil change?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Um...because being blinded and/or disfigured in the event of an accident takes precedence over an oil change?
Um.... maybe the part is arriving 1/3/22 and they are installing it the day it arrives. maybe?? who knows???

·
Registered
18,276 Posts
It was 4 cases. The probability is slim, but it still exists.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Um.... maybe the part is arriving 1/3/22 and they are installing it the day it arrives. maybe?? who knows???
That's not the point the person I quoted was trying to make. He asked why someone would think they should jump the line ahead of people already waiting for service. And the reason why is it's a safety issue, and it's more important. It's that simple.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
It was 4 cases. The probability is slim, but it still exists.
You wanna risk being one of the 4?

I'm in no rush personally, but a safety issue is a safety issue. I don't expect everyone to feel the same as me and I wouldn't judge them for wanting the issue resolved ASAP either.

·
Registered
2014 XC90 3.2L
403 Posts
It's a safety issue that Volvo is required to address.
Maybe a bit pedantic, but no, Volvo doesn't have to do anything about it at this point. Age-wise these vehicles are no longer required to be recalled. Let's all keep in mind this is completely voluntary on Volvo's part.

·
Registered
942 Posts
That's not the point the person I quoted was trying to make. He asked why someone would think they should jump the line ahead of people already waiting for service. And the reason why is it's a safety issue, and it's more important. It's that simple.
So did he state that the part came in 2 weeks ago and he is waiting in line for it to be installed? - No, So you don't know and I don't know when the part is coming in or if it is already there. It's that simple.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, the letter mentions that there is risk of serious injury or death. Thats sounds a good reason to me to jump ahead of someone getting scheduled service.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts