SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My whole center dash does not work or light up after a battery change. The radio plays but I cannot turn it off. I can only use the volume on the steering wheel. The buttons for climate control and all the options do not work either. Which is bad because it's starting to get cold here haha.

Is there's way to fix this at home or would I have to have a Volvo dealership "reboot" it as I've seen on other threads.

I've tried reconnecting the battery and also the lock/unlock a bunch of times with the key fob and nothing works.

Thanks

Registered
By reconnecting the battery, do you mean after leaving it disconnected for a while? I'm not sure how long's necessary but an hour or two should be well enough. I think 15-30 minutes is enough but try an hour to be sure.

I think someone else had this problem, unless it was you who I responded to a while ago. Did you try checking the fuses? There are a few that relate to the stuff that goes on in the center stack but I can't recall more specifically than that. I think the manual says which fuses do what. Either ones on the passenger side under the dash or in the boot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I left it disconnected for an hour, and yes that was me you replied to in the other thread haha. I've checked the fuse and everything seems fine.

Registered
Yes I left it disconnected for an hour, and yes that was me you replied to in the other thread haha. I've checked the fuse and everything seems fine.
I'm about to change mine tonight. Is it something that I need to have my dealer do? Will things get messed up?

Registered
joakim: If you're talking about a battery change, yes. Take the key out of the ignition and wait somewhere around 5-10 minutes before you disconnect the battery. There's some module/-s that needs to save data and power off before you disconnect it or you'll supposedly damage them. I don't remember which ones I just remember thinking they sounded like the pricey ones.

Registered
joakim: If you're talking about a battery change, yes. Take the key out of the ignition and wait somewhere around 5-10 minutes before you disconnect the battery. There's some module/-s that needs to save data and power off before you disconnect it or you'll supposedly damage them. I don't remember which ones I just remember thinking they sounded like the pricey ones.
OK so I got mine done. One thing I noticed that does not work anymore is turning on the lights by the remote. Anybody know the fix for that?

Registered
My whole center dash does not work or light up after a battery change. The radio plays but I cannot turn it off. I can only use the volume on the steering wheel. The buttons for climate control and all the options do not work either. Which is bad because it's starting to get cold here haha.

Is there's way to fix this at home or would I have to have a Volvo dealership "reboot" it as I've seen on other threads.

I've tried reconnecting the battery and also the lock/unlock a bunch of times with the key fob and nothing works.

Thanks
if you dont have your own scan tool to try resetting you probably will have to bring it to a dealership, maybe call an indy shop and see if they can do it for less then the dealer. Hopefully you didnt burn a module.

This is why I always use a battery backup when changing a battery, it just plugs into your obd port and gives the modules power while the battery is disconnected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts