SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bored + I have no money = bring on the ricer mods!

Tackled the garage door seal lip mod today. Word to the wise...buy black double sided tape.
Now I need to go back and eithe re-do it, or paint the existing tape black where it's visible. Oh...did I mention I'm a lazy ass, so it'll probably stay like that until someone says something to me about it?

Anyway...here it is:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure about looking awesome, but to a passer-by it looks pretty decent. Even my wife thought it looked pretty good, and she is the original anti-rice.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (kmagnuss)

Quote, originally posted by kmagnuss »
I'm not sure about looking awesome, but to a passer-by it looks pretty decent. Even my wife thought it looked pretty good, and she is the original anti-rice.

Haha, It's pretty funny that your wife is anti-rice. Is she a car person?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (cmurphy2266)

Quote, originally posted by cmurphy2266 »

Haha, It's pretty funny that your wife is anti-rice. Is she a car person?

She wasn't when we met...but she is now. I bought her a S2000 a few years back, and she's been hooked ever since. We agreed that her next car is going to be a 911. Well used of course.

I built a 92' civic hatch up from nothing way back when...although it ran low 14's, was cheap, got good mileage, and actually looked pretty decent, she wasn't a fan. She appreciates good handling and speed, but won't sacrifice safety and a nice interior to get it. That's why she denied my WRX/Evo purchase...no matter how much a whined.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Re: rebirth of the garage door seal front lip (kmagnuss)

Im prity lost and vary confused because i dont get pics.... So!! some one should Email them to [email protected]!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: rebirth of the garage door seal front lip (kmagnuss)

I noticed you used white double-sided tape. It looks kind of tacky. You should have used black double-sided tape.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (kmagnuss)

Great concept, but I think it will "plow" thru the air at speed, and eventually fall off your car. It looks like it will act like an air scoop, and the tape won't hold...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: rebirth of the garage door seal front lip (art_werks)

Quote, originally posted by art_werks »
I noticed you used white double-sided tape. It looks kind of tacky. You should have used black double-sided tape.

I hate you.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Short Circuit)

Quote, originally posted by Short Circuit »
Great concept, but I think it will "plow" thru the air at speed, and eventually fall off your car. It looks like it will act like an air scoop, and the tape won't hold...

According to others who have done it, it actually stays put for some reason. Also, I added stainless screws and washers to give it some extra strength.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: (cmurphy2266)

Quote, originally posted by cmurphy2266 »
Wow, that looks awesome. I might just do that to my car!

I wonder how it would look on a Silver '04 R?

No silver but here it is on a gray

·
Registered
577 Posts
Re: (Tiny)

I really do like the look of the lower lip however I wonder if IPD would be interested coming up with a more polished "production" version of this mod.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Re: (volvofla)

Quote, originally posted by volvofla »
I really do like the look of the lower lip however I wonder if IPD would be interested coming up with a more polished "production" version of this mod.

Id buy it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

As I stepped back to look at my handywork and the white tape laughing at me, I thought the same thing.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

So it would cost like $300?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.