SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there from Amsterdam,

Trying to find info on GOOGLE on how to rebadge to MY16. I like the smaller badges to be honest, look much cleaner. I am sure they have a part number and I am fairly sure I will have to move the D5/T6 to the left in order for the rest to fit.

Long story short; can't find a thing on it. Found some pics on a Swedish forum but didn't understand a word. Polestar answer is pending because it seems they have also this smaller badge available. A bit in the dark with the subject, anybody any info or tips? I want to go for:

D5 CLASSIC AWD POLESTAR

Thanks again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
All they say is that it looks like the badges that come on the new XC90. Rest is just what number in the que a few car was and jumped. Alsdo about the service and what is done before delivery. No sliid about the badges than that it looks like what sits on the new XC90.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok found it out...gotta move the D5 to the left (2016 place,...not sure how to find that out, how far I have to go to the left) and then put #31457247 #31391835 @ €30 per badge. Polestar is sending me the third one. Later I will send few pics... Thanks.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think there's a cracked VIDA version available to look up MY16 part numbers (latest cracked vIDA is 2014D I believe and it only has part no's for MY15). I believe VIDA does have installation instructions for emblems and such and if your dealer can find you the right emblems then they should also be able to pull installation instructions with measurements of how everthing should be fitted. But IMO if you ensure your D5 emblem stays the same height and only move it a bit sideways you should be fine.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I agree...I think you are right but I will check before putting it on... wanna have it 100% the same. If not I will use these pics:

The more verical badges the more it shifts to the left. I will keep the same distance left/right/top as the XC70 (on the left side). "Painters tape" will create a perfect window to stick it 'in'. Explain me what exactly is VIDA. Vida in Spanish means life.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a cracked VIDA version available to look up MY16 part numbers (latest cracked vIDA is 2014D I believe and it only has part no's for MY15). I believe VIDA does have installation instructions for emblems and such and if your dealer can find you the right emblems then they should also be able to pull installation instructions with measurements of how everthing should be fitted. But IMO if you ensure your D5 emblem stays the same height and only move it a bit sideways you should be fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Since 2015 Volvo Information & Diagnostics for Aftersales (VIDA) is a 100% internet based story and need subscription from Volvo. It is a better version of Haynes manual with partnumbers, instructions on how to mount this and that accessories and how to remove this and that to replace parts and torqes and so on and has add-on with wiering diagrams.
Some of us call it the Volvo Bible for this reson where we find parts we want that was not so common like the 2011 centerconsole with aluminum instead of booring plasic on the edges, or get to know that the iconic 2013 illuminated gearshifter also was avalible in V60 with same partnumber and works in my XC70 and as far as i know only 2 complete shfterassembely has ever find its way to scrapyards in Sweden that was 100% plug and play, or new things we want to add to the cars as the salesperson at the dealer not always is as sharp as we want him/her to be with partnumbers. Without VIDA i would have missed the V60 R-desing shifter with just "broke in milage" less than 1500km on the car i got for small fee.
Another feature is to read errorcodes with a DICE, remove them, find parts that fail, lets say that left front ABS sensor is broken or a glowplug, the greek code can be translated to specific things withouut old fashion trial and error with a multimeter, you know what plug/sensor is at fault before you even open the hood, also change some settings is possible. What you cant do is download the software and upgrades.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This is realy interesting. I am a freak with the XC70 a bit but never thought of going that far with things like VIDA and DICE and Bibles.,,

Wait...

Did you say I can mount a lit gearshift on a 2011 XC70??? You seem to know alot about plug n plays. What else is there to plug n play??? Talk to me goose.

I dont want the shifter that asks for push left in order to use sportmode when in reality its still pushing right. !!!!

[2011 XC70 D5 Polestar]

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
This is realy interesting. I am a freak with the XC70 a bit but never thought of going that far with things like VIDA and DICE and Bibles.,,

Wait...

Did you say I can mount a lit gearshift on a 2011 XC70??? You seem to know alot about plug n plays. What else is there to plug n play??? Talk to me goose

[2011 XC70 D5 Polestar]
Oh no! You've created a monster, turbo!!!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes you can take the MY13 gearshifter assembly for automatic gearbox and put it on a pre MY13, mine is MY08 and all i did was replacing the whole assembly from the V60 T6 R-design it came from and have the manual stage to the left side, towards me as it should be and also "manual looking" knob. compared to the non ergonomic stick and push to the right to get manual stage and not the feeling the newer has when push forward or pull the stick backwards.
You can also take the parts for illuminated rear fotwell from MY14-15, dont know if your car has the lightdistributor just above the handle on the inside, if you dont have you can put them there and you get illuminated handles after you either byt the Prefab diod that isa expensive, or take any 5mm ledf and build your own for a fraction of the price. If you have the non cronograph look on your gages http://images.gtcarlot.com/customgallery/interior/46759005.jpg you can replace it to get the bigger alurings,http://services.edmunds-media.com/i...m/misc/XC60 Gauges no clock-thumb-717x436.jpg or R-design http://i.imgur.com/SpbVxbh.jpg You can also have the illuminated cupholder among many nice and expensive things like illuminated doorsills that is so tempting. Domt know what MY it is but i took the armrestcover that has a small alupiece in the hinges on the back and has visable stitching, mutch nicer than thge old booring one.
Here is an idea of what you can do OEM parts or not, just hold on to the wallet:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?197334-S80-Information-DIY-and-How-To-Thread-Index

For me the biggest thing was to get rid of that 1990 look and get a set of premade sealed LED-modules for licenceplace with white light, not blueish that is common on cheaper LED:s and with all LED excl. indicators and xenon lowbeam and the three NBB:s there is no more old style lightning left in or outside on the car.
You that has a MY10 or newer can take the 3 spoke wheel from 60-series or MY14 70 series and retrofit it.

On like ebay or aliexpress you find the MY14 silver/alu bezel to put around the LSM/lightswitch, around the switch for electric talegate, the handbreakswich for the electric handbreak and a few more things to make it MY14 byt not beeing OEM, the black piece around the key and startbutton can be replaced to a silver version on older cars by OEM part.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Gotta read this last message of yours again and again Turbo. Wow, so many options. Thank you so much for giving me food for thought.

In the mean time I received my DRL... Plug n play! Awesome realy... Wow... Looks so good and only €120 total for two and OEM!

Also...

Went up to a XC90 MY16 and did the measurements from D5 + little space + a badge. I added 2 badges to that and came up with a total.
Turns out this total, D5 + space + 3 badges, has the same width as XC70 on the left!!
So I took all the measurements from the XC70 and now I am using the same spacing (NORTH EAST SOUTH WEST) to place my D5/CLASSIC/AWD/POLESTAR. Nicely balanced. Depending on how many badges; I have seen different placements of the D5/T5/D4/D6/T6 in order for it all to be balanced, makes sense.
Called VOLVO in Sweden Norway, Finland and Holland but none had an answer. Called VOLVO in Göthenburg but they where having lunch.
Will call them again on monday. Next week 'Classic' and 'Polestar' will be arriving. Here the mold result after my measurements. Will post pic when done.

[2011 XC70 D5 Polestar]

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Received the 3rd and final badge today in the mail. Nice guys at Polestar!

[2011 XC70 D5 Polestar]

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
EXCELLENT!! Now go buy something from their web store!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Already got one, lol. And a coffee mug...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts